new to this looking for help

lemac0

Reaction score
I currently got my droid x rooted and verizon sent an update and I lost the root. My phone running the gingerbread 2.3.3 but the update changed my system version up to 4.5.605.MB810. I used the droid 3 easy root script v7 to root. When I tried it again it wouldn't root again. I have been reading a lot about sbfing back to froyo but have no idea where to begin to find the right drivers and software. If there is anyone that has any information to help would be great. The more information the better I'm new to trying rooting and the more I can learn the better.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the forum!!

As far as rooting .605, there is an extra step that SOME prior rooted DX users need to take once they accept the OTA and attempt to root again using the one-click. Go HERE to check it out. It is a thread for .602 on our sister site, DX Forums, read the second post since it still pertains to .605.
Or would you rather go back to 2.2? It can be a pretty involved process for someone trying to learn how to do it but it is not impossible. There are a few SBF guides right on DF that were very helpful when I was learning to do it.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. Glad you joined us. JSM gave you some great info and feel free to ask any questions. Dive on in and enjoy the community

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
L

lemac0

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the information. I just managed to get my phone rerooted. I guess the problem i was having was once my phone was rebooting it would stay on a blank screen after the mototola symbol. I pulled the battery to start up the phone again and plugged it back in and it jumped to the next part and had to do the same for part 3. I ran the root checker and said it has root. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. Glad you got it all figured out. Welcome to the dark side hahahahahah. Just kidding.

PJMauchly

Reaction score
im having a similar issue trying to reroot my phone, i have the DX and i also downloaded the OTA and now have 2.3.3/4.5.605 and tried to reroot using the One-Click and it claims its not rooted... im not sure what to do from here, I previously had SU on my phone when i rerooted it.. should i have taken it off?

OP
L

lemac0

Reaction score
I didn't take the su off. My phone keep going into what I would think was the bootloader mood. My phone would just sit with a black screen. So I would disconnect and pull my battery and left the one click open and connected my phone during the reboot. The one click would reconize my phone and continue to the next phase. I did that for the three phases of the root process. At the end of the process my phone said it was rooted. It was a pain and just took a chance to see if it worked. Not sure if this will help at all but it worked for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums