New to the forum :o)

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Hi There:)
I'm so happy to have found this forum. My name is Tammy* and I've been checking into the Droid which comes out the 6th. I've been looking for something that I can use as a PDA as well as a phone. That way, instead of carrying my Palm Pilot and cell phone, I'll have everything combined into one gadget :icon_ banana: From all the research I've done, the Droid fits the bill nicely. Such rave reviews everywhere I look. I'm currently a Verizon customer and would love to know where the est place would be to purchase the Droid this coming Friday? I live in Dayton, Ohio and can't seem to get any answers when calling the stores in my area.
I would sooooo appreciate any help you could give me?
Thanks a bunch!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You will find tons of useful information on this forum, so I wouldn't even bother with the Verizon reps anymore! Many of us preordered the Droid at Best Buy because they are applying the $100 rebate immediately, while Verizon is making you mail it i. Inf I were you, I would try Best Buy before anything else. Go into a store and ask to place a preorder for the Droid. (They require a $50 down payment) If they are no longer accepting preorders in your area, you can either buy yours at a Verizon store on Friday, or buy it on Verizon's website on Friday. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here so don't be afraid to ask any questions. :biggrin:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey there tammy. Glad to see you decided to join up on the forums :). I think most Best Buy stores are offering the phones, and they give an instant 100 off the phone for the rebate. All Verizon stores will have a certain amount of the phones in stock, depending on the location, some will have quite a bit more. Best Buys have been taking preorders so if your trying to go there i would suggest calling because some are already reporting the initial shipment has been sold (or they just aren't taking preorders anymore)

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thanks so much New2U and JHankG! I appreciate the warm welcome! Your right in saying that I will find a lot of useful info here...I haven't been able to leave for that very reason :D Since I've not own a Smartphone, this entire thing is new to me so I'll be taking advantage of this forum for sure.
I'm thinking about purchasing the Droid online since my contract is up and I have a $150.00 discount towards a new phone. Thanks again for making me feel so welcome!
Have a fantastic day tomorrow!
Tammy*

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:icon_ lala: Welcome to DroidForums Tammy !!!! :icon_ lala:

I will be firmly in place in front of my local VZW Store at 6-630am on the 6th. Most of the VZW Stores are suppose to open early for the launch of the Droid.

As stated earlier, you are suppose to me able to order on the VZW website at 1230am, not sure which timezone, I'd expect EST since VZW is based out of New Jersey.

The Best Buy Option

The stand in line with a few million of your best newest buddies on Friday :p

So there are options, I am sure there will be more after the Friday Launch. Maybe even calling C3CPU and have him ship it :icon_ lala:

We Hope you ENJOY yourself here at DroidForums !!! Nice to have you here !!!