new to the droid

cgrimm9

Reaction score
allright I finally getting the droid x phone. wanted to get one when the droid first came out. glad I waited love the big screen anything bigger would be to big for a phone.anyways first thing I am going to do is root the phone. what other things do I need to know about this phone that will help me when I get it. and what apps should I install on it.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Maybe you want to wait to root until 2.2 comes out? I dont know thats what I am going to do....

Besides that for apps I have (not including pre-installed google apps etc.)
Backrounds
Astro
Dropbox
Facebook
Google Finance
Movies (flixster)
Nesoid
NFL mobile
Quadrant
Ringdroid
Shazam
Tickl - Push to Talk (AWESOME!!)
Urbanspoon

I am debating getting Launcherpro but may wait until after 2.2 as well.

haticK

Reaction score
LauncherPro is worth getting now, it should still work once 2.2 comes out considering people are already using it with 2.2

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Maybe you want to wait to root until 2.2 comes out? I dont know thats what I am going to do....

Besides that for apps I have (not including pre-installed google apps etc.)
Backrounds
Astro
Dropbox
Facebook
Google Finance
Movies (flixster)
Nesoid
NFL mobile
Quadrant
Ringdroid
Shazam
Tickl - Push to Talk (AWESOME!!)
Urbanspoon

I am debating getting Launcherpro but may wait until after 2.2 as well.

I am gonna root. there is a nice little program that allows you to root and unroot by a click of a button. very easy and I not sure if I want to update to froyo yet untill I know that root is possible thank you for everything else.

KE6ZAP

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid family ( DX coming). I kept reading about rooting the phone, What does it mean? I don't get it....

Thanks ahead of time....

OP
C

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid family ( DX coming). I kept reading about rooting the phone, What does it mean? I don't get it....

Thanks ahead of time....

root means gives you adminstrative rights to your phone it allows you to change things you are not suppose to change. if you dont know what you are doing changing things can be very bad.

KE6ZAP

Reaction score

Thanks ahead of time....

root means gives you adminstrative rights to your phone it allows you to change things you are not suppose to change. if you dont know what you are doing changing things can be very bad.
Thanks so much... It helped alot...