new to the droid 2 !!

heathercd10

Reaction score
please help ! i just got my droid 2 today.. and i have a few questions i cant find answers to.

1. when i lock screen is lit up it says: belongs to: ---- and it has a bell beside it. the alarm aint on.

2. under settings it says: add/edit admistrators. but how do i add one? theres no add or edit button.

3. my facebook friends appeared into my contacts. and some were even messed up. like it had ones name and picture with someone elses number. and also on one it has her name as it on facebook but under my contacts its what i have her as.

4. this one kinda goes with three. in my messages it has the name and picture of the person on fb but shes not in my contacts?

5. how do i delete he different screens? i just want one home screen.

6. whats an otterbox case?

i know most of those werent questions. sorry. but im new and i need help. and please be nice. if your gonna be a smarty pants or be mean dont even reply to this. thanks :) and also if anything is confusing or mispelled, im sorry:(

tb110895

Reaction score
Not to sure about questions 1&2.
For 3, Motoblur syncs and matches your fb contacts with the contact that fits best in your contacts list. Go into your contacts and find the ones that are messed up, click them, hit menu, and unlink them. Then you can choose to link the with the right people or leave them by themselves.
For 4, It also syncs your fb messages and the numbers of those people so that could be what your seeing. If not then its probably a linked fb contact with a regular contact that aren't supposed to be linked.
For 5, You cant do it on the stock launcher, so try a home screen replacement such as launcherpro, ADW launcher, etc. Look them up; there are tons of them
For 6, Its a case made by otterbox for the phone. Its one of the higher brands

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Pretty sure number 1 has to do with AVG antivirus on your phone. It has an option to have your name on the lockscreen. Not sure about number 2. I don't think that its important unless a program needs admin rights.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trucknjoseph

Reaction score
1. Yank that avg crap off. You don't need it and its a resource hogging whore.
2. Intall watchdog lite. Read description in marketplace to find out why you would do this.
3. Turn off autokill functions of any task manager you have.
4. Resync you device with social networks. Note you may have to sign out then sign back in before you sync back up. This should fix the problems in your contacts. Also your contacts list has different resources. Look at the top of you contacts selection and there will be an option to select "all contacts". Do this first to see if there's actually a problem.
5. If you have any apps that can track your device if stolen, lost, ect ect. They need administrative rights for the phone to do so. That is what the administrative selection is for. If there is no selection then you don't have an app that is asking for administrative rights.
6. Ottaman is a phone case.

Sent from my.....hey WTF? R2D2 where are you?

trucknjoseph

Reaction score
@tb110895
You can do it with the droid 2 stock launcher but not blur's. I'm assuming that's what you have but if not and you do have a droid 2 instead and if that didn't work from the stock launcher then you need to return the phone and get another one. Wasn't being an ass btw. Those are all great launchers you mentioned. Just that I did not have that problem with mine.

Last edited:

tb110895

Reaction score
@tb110895
You can do it with the droid 2 stock launcher but not blur's. I'm assuming that's what you have but if not and you do have a droid 2 instead and if that didn't work from the stock launcher then you need to return the phone and get another one. Wasn't being an ass btw. Those are all great launchers you mentioned. Just that I did not have that problem with mine.

The D2's stock launcher is blur..
You can't remove screens with it. You can clear them off but you can't make it so that there is one screen only

Sent from my DROID2

tb110895

Reaction score
1. Yank that avg crap off. You don't need it and its a resource hogging whore.
2. Intall watchdog lite. Read description in marketplace to find out why you would do this.
3. Turn off autokill functions of any task manager you have.
4. Resync you device with social networks. Note you may have to sign out then sign back in before you sync back up. This should fix the problems in your contacts. Also your contacts list has different resources. Look at the top of you contacts selection and there will be an option to select "all contacts". Do this first to see if there's actually a problem.
5. If you have any apps that can track your device if stolen, lost, ect ect. They need administrative rights for the phone to do so. That is what the administrative selection is for. If there is no selection then you don't have an app that is asking for administrative rights.
6. Ottaman is a phone case.

+1 for watchdog lite but a lot of people had this problem when they got the phone. Its a problem with the way the D2's "blur" links up contacts. It just picks the best fit and sticks it with the phone contact. Resyncing won't fix his issue.

Sent from my DROID2

trucknjoseph

Reaction score
Wait a second. Do all droids run blur? Mine is just like my buddies droid X launcher. Pls note mine is an r2d2 phone. It has a different processor along with other things that is different from the regular droid 2. Is my phone really that different? Should I be in the droid X forums?

tb110895

Reaction score
Wait a second. Do all droids run blur? Mine is just like my buddies droid X launcher. Pls note mine is an r2d2 phone. It has a different processor along with other things that is different from the regular droid 2. Is my phone really that different? Should I be in the droid X forums?

All of them run blur except the original. They have a toned down version of it with the moto widgets, status bar, and launcher, etc. The r2 and D2 pretty much have the same software minus the star wars parts.

Sent from my DROID2

tb110895

Reaction score

All of their stock launchers are the same. They run blur (minus the D1 and incredible) you cannot subtract screens unless your running a ROM or a home replacement.

Sent from my DROID2

trucknjoseph

Reaction score
Well I learn something every day. I still didn't have that problem though. Weird....

trucknjoseph

Reaction score
Hmmm.....l learn something every day. I still didn't have that sync problem though. Ah well I guess I just got lucky.