new to the bionic

CamGonz

Reaction score
Just signed up -looking for a place that can help me figure out how to use my new bionic -after looking around a bit, I'm very impressed w/ the threads and so far, the couple questions I've had have been answered.

I am currently trying to assign ringtones to certain contacts, and when i go in to options and then try to select any tone other than default, it still shows ringtone being default.....
I tried to use the My Verizon app and i was prompted to upgrade to the newer version, but the permissions included things like deleting txts w/o my permission, making calls w/o my permission and the like -is that normal?! It sounded crazy to me so I didn't accept or download, but here I am unable to use myverizon -do I accept that stuff and "hope" it doesn't happen? Little confused about the permissions.......
Is textfree safe to download and use? Which one do I get? I'm terrified to download something harmful to my phone -can't afford to get a new one and also stuck w/ this one for the duration of the contract....I've noticed tapatalk on the forum replies and posts -what's that about?

Ok, I'll start with those questions haha -in advance, I appreciate time taken to answer and help me out so I can maximize the use of this phone -I know it has great capabilities and I want to use as much or little as I want, at least I'll have the choice!

Thanks again guys (or ladies, guys is more of a general term....)

Reaction score
Tapatalk is a forum app on the android market and I believe ios. Its pretty cool especially if you are on a lot of forums because you can access forums without using the browser.
The My Verizon thing is strange but I would just do what the person above said. Just make sure its developed by Verizon and you should be good.
Sorry but not sure about the ringtone thing.

Sorry about answering those backwards from how you asked them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tapatalk is a forum app on the android market and I believe ios. Its pretty cool especially if you are on a lot of forums because you can access forums without using the browser.
The My Verizon thing is strange but I would just do what the person above said. Just make sure its developed by Verizon and you should be good.
Sorry but not sure about the ringtone thing.

Sorry about answering those backwards from how you asked them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

+1! Especially the Xparent versions of Tapatalk ;)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin:

OP
C

CamGonz

Reaction score
Thanks for your time and no worries on the answer order haha :)

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. ^_^

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!