New to Root Need Help installing ROM to SD card

fourtyoz2freedm

Reaction score
I am new to rooting and am stuck. I downloaded a zip file and on forums it says the next step is to put the file on the root of the SD card. I can not figure out how to do this. I've been trying for hours and I'm sure its simple and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you dl'd it with your phone or PC? Do you have a file manager (Astro, Androzip, etc)?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
F

fourtyoz2freedm

Reaction score
I downloaded the file over the computer and don't have any file managers. Is that the problem?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not a "problem" but it will be needed. Either I mentioned can be found for free in the market though. Then, you'll need to plug your phone into your computer, mount your sd card, and copy the zip to it. When you open either file manager, it will show the folders of /sd...this is the "root" of your sd card. I always have to copy a file from my computer to a folder, unmount, and use a file manager to move the file.

I downloaded the file over the computer and don't have any file managers. Is that the problem?

DroidForums Junkie!!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can also just mount the phone as a disk drive and copy the file over to the root of the SD card (not in any folders) and be on your way.