New to MIUI need help!

Jswerv3

Reaction score
Just rooted my phone for the first time yesterday and downloaded the MIUI ROM to my droid. But I dont think i have the latest version, can someone show me what the latest build is?

Phone: OG Droid 1

miui.jpg

also sometimes my friends send me voice messages through texting, i could get them and hear them on the Stock rom.. but I cant get them on MIUI.. if anyone knows if this is fixed in later versions that would be awesome!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

As far as help goes, the latest MIUI rom for D1 is 1.1.22.1

Always read the posts before you flash a new ROM. Also, in regards to other help, please perform a SEARCH first either via goggle or within the droidforums.net boards before you start a new thread. Chances are that someone else has the same issue that has been answered and we do not wish to clog the boards with unnecessary threads.

There are some great sources of information on these boards. I have been rooting my D1 since January 2010 and I have always found help within these threads.

Good Luck.

hoppermi

Reaction score
also sometimes my friends send me voice messages through texting, i could get them and hear them on the Stock rom.. but I cant get them on MIUI.. if anyone knows if this is fixed in later versions that would be awesome!

The MIUI MMS app is still in development. They are fixing and adding features all of the time. If it doesn't work now, just use Handcent or Go SMS till the MIUI MMS gets fully functional.

Welcome to the Forums and D1-MIUI!

synctek

Reaction score
On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?

doublea500

Reaction score
i find the sms for miui great. i love the "scribble" theme or somethign like that with the ink things. their are 2 problems. 1 with the app and one not having to do with it. the first is that i cant click enter and it will send, i actually have to click send. the second is pix messages dont send!

edit: i found another problem.. when someone sendds you a message and its a media one and theres a download button, my droid can not download it for some reason

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?[/QUOTE

get in manage applications and when u get to default mms clear the default option and see if that works. when u slide up the lockscreen by holdng the mms notification, it'll ask you which mms app to use as a default. i hope i didnt confuse you :icon_eek:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Just rooted my phone for the first time yesterday and downloaded the MIUI ROM to my droid. But I dont think i have the latest version, can someone show me what the latest build is?

Phone: OG Droid 1

miui.jpg

dude what took you so long to root your phone? just yesterday? You missed out on the flashing addiction :icon_ banana:

synctek

Reaction score
On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?[/QUOTE

get in manage applications and when u get to default mms clear the default option and see if that works. when u slide up the lockscreen by holdng the mms notification, it'll ask you which mms app to use as a default. i hope i didnt confuse you :icon_eek:

That did the trick - bouncing back and forth between roms, should have it commited to memory by now:yr1: