New to forums

Dorian1990

Reaction score
Im new to using forums. I use them to find answers but never had an account in one. I have a simple question about updates for rooted phones. I have a droid x2 with the factory os gb rooted. I was wondering if I could still recieve updates through verizon or If I would have to go someplace else to get updates. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Dorian!! Glad to have you with us!

As far as receiving updates through VZW, you can. The only thing is if you have altered your phone by deleting any apps after rooting then it will error our when installing any new OTAs. There are ways to go back to complete stock though so when the time comes you will be able to get updates.

OP
D

Dorian1990

Reaction score
I accidently deleted amazon mp3 before I found out about the issues with updating. I downloaded it off the market and reinstalled it but im not sure if it will still work. I just froze the other bloatware with gemini app manager.
Thanks for the info though, I was having trouble finding any threads that mentioned updating after rooting

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I accidently deleted amazon mp3 before I found out about the issues with updating. I downloaded it off the market and reinstalled it but im not sure if it will still work. I just froze the other bloatware with gemini app manager.
Thanks for the info though, I was having trouble finding any threads that mentioned updating after rooting

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

No problem. And I do not know if it will stop it but it very well may. Unfortunately it needs to be in a system which is not where the market installs it.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...