New to Droids..... hope to get one for Christmas

nyr900

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been researching getting a smartphone for the past month or so. I am a verizon customer, and I have been very happy with the overall coverage in my area, so I am not looking to switch providers. I would love some input into what everyone suggests as THE phone to get right now. I work as an alarm technician, so I feel that the phone should have some durability, and I plan on getting some big dumb case for it so I don't break it like I have my past few phones.

Also I really enjoy having a good camera and I hate Bing, so maybe that would rule out the fascinante. As far as the keyboard, I have big hands, so I do not feel a pull out keyboard is necessary. I guess overall I am choosing between the X, Incredible, and Fascinate. Please give me your input, enjoy the holiday!

Bill

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid X - Big screen, mechanical shutter 8mp camera for taking pictures of a moving target. Youtube motoblur droid x and see if you like it. Or test it out in the store. Most people don't, and have to go with a app in the market like ADWlauncher or Launcherpro (Youtube ADWlauncher ex, the newest version).

Incredible - Normal Screen, normal 8 mp camera. Comes with Sense UI (youtube that as well). Most polished out of the custom UI's that the phone manufacturers put on. If you don't like it you can always go with ADW or Launcherpro.

Fascinate - Above average screen, 5 mp camera. Screen is super AMOLED, which means its brighter and can be seen easier in direct sunlight. Youtube Touchwiz ui. And just like said before, if you don't like that, you can always put on ADWlauncher or launcherpro.

If you want a certain UI like for example Sense, then you need to get the Incredible. You can't get other manufacturer's UIs on other manufacturer's phones.

I just got an incredible and I like it. Fast and Sense UI is the best out there imo. But if you are going to be a heavy user (Constantly texting/emailing/using internet/etc) then you might not want the Incredible, it has the worst battery life out of the three. However with a custom rom and kernel which I use, battery life isn't an issue for me.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DX! Also has an HDMI output, 3 mics (speaking on phone calls, video camera (also, like the DInc, records in high definition)), better reception, and strongest battery of all available Verizon Android phones!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
I guess i would like to root the phone, i have looked into it some, i just do not know if it will be too difficult for me. Also since i am in a construction type of job, which case would you reccomend for each phone... i do not care how bulky the phone becomes

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Otterbox FTW! :)

I guess i would like to root the phone, i have looked into it some, i just do not know if it will be too difficult for me. Also since i am in a construction type of job, which case would you reccomend for each phone... i do not care how bulky the phone becomes

DroidForums junkie!!