Proud New Droid Owner

Reaction score
Just got my Droid for Christmas yesterday and so far I am extremely impressed. I have been trying to read heavily on all the capabilities and I have seen so many. This site seems to be the best community for the Droid and I am very happy I found it. Looking forward to learning plenty about this phone. And getting involved in some more in depth stuff with the phone.:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got my Droid for Christmas yesterday and so far I am extremely impressed. I have been trying to read heavily on all the capabilities and I have seen so many. This site seems to be the best community for the Droid and I am very happy I found it. Looking forward to learning plenty about this phone. And getting involved in some more in depth stuff with the phone.:)

Congratulations on getting a Droid. IMHO it's the best smart phone available today. You'll have lots to learn and should have a lot of fun learning it. This forum is a great resource.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome, there's a lot that you can do with the Droid. Even more things will be possible with a few more updates. People are getting pretty deep into it and pretty soon there will be lots more you can do.

Skidog

Reaction score
Hi there! just bought my new Droid this afternoon, after my old phone was accidently crushed to the point of not being able to transfer my contacts to the new phone. I have an account with all my contacts saved to my computer. I am having difficulty transferring all my contacts to the new phone. Anybody got any suggestions?:confused:

OP
soccerdude6227
Reaction score
Hi there! just bought my new Droid this afternoon, after my old phone was accidently crushed to the point of not being able to transfer my contacts to the new phone. I have an account with all my contacts saved to my computer. I am having difficulty transferring all my contacts to the new phone. Anybody got any suggestions?:confused:
Does your old phone work at all?

Skidog

Reaction score
Does your old phone work at all?

No, it will turn on, but thats about it. They tryed @ Verizon to sync the phonebook but it wouldn't work. She told me how to DL it from my computer, but I can't seem to figure that out either.

OP
soccerdude6227
Reaction score
Well the way i did it was with the backup assistant that you can get from verizon. You can access that from the verizon website and export as an excel file. Then with your Gmail account that will be synced with your phone. You can upload that excel file to your gmail account on your computer and that automatically updated my phone with all my contacts. But I dont know how that will work with the current state of your phone.