New to Droids and looking for advice

Bacchus

Reaction score
Hey I just recently got a Droid x and I want to be able to use it to its full capabilities but I have no clue where to start, what apps to get, what hacks are available and useful, etc. does anyone have suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DJSketch

Reaction score
Root root root! If you haven't already strongly suggest u look into it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NeoLogic

Reaction score
One of the most hardware demanding games out there is called Dungeon Defenders. 3 bucks for a game that uses the Unreal3 engine, and has very deep game play.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
z4 root tutorial

If you decide you want to root here is a good video on how to use z4 quick and easy once click root/unroot!

[video=youtube;ymdVLL1ioUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdVLL1ioUc&playnext=1&list=QL"]Z4 Root Tutorial For Droid X [/video]

Reaction score
One of the most hardware demanding games out there is called Dungeon Defenders. 3 bucks for a game that uses the Unreal3 engine, and has very deep game play.

Thanks for the tip. Downloading now.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

Reaction score
Let me know what you think!

BAH! I finally got around to lettingmy phone sit on Wi-Fi today for an hour while it downloaded everything.

WOW. What an opening sequence. I started playing tonight while the kids went to bed on local settings but I can see how much fun this will be when im ready to go online.

Reminds me of the old UO days when not too many were crowding those servers.

Should be fun.

For the DX being ranked as "mid grade" for hardware settings it looks pretty good to me. I can't imagine playing on a smaller screen though.

I am going to dork around with real HDMI tomorrow to see if I can play on a larger screen.

Thanks again for the tip.

OP: Sorry for the hijack. But since there are hundreds of threads just like this one asking your Exact same question, hopefully you don't mind.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

cubano1027

Reaction score
Root it, flash a good ROM(I recommend Rubix only because UD hasn't finalized(no disrespect to Rubix devs because ur ROM is awesome too)) and flash a theme. The X at stock is a turtle compared to ANY ROM out there. You'll see. Have fun!!!!

OP
B

Bacchus

Reaction score
Just rooted and downloaded rubix thanks for the help! As for the thread hijack,np I just got the game as well and it's prettysweet