New to droid x

bracvp

Reaction score
New to droid x and was looking for any suggestions on apps or tools to help battery life etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Drummynator

Reaction score
Well, you could root which will allow you to flash roms which are usually designed for efficiency. If you don't want to flash a ROM, you could undervolt your processor (also requires root). This can be done with jrummy16's Droid Overclock. Also, with titanium backup pro, you can freeze the bloatware apps so that they don't clog your system. (Again, requires root)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
B

bracvp

Reaction score
That's like jail breaking for iphone and ipods? What are the chances it'll kill my phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I don't think anybody has bricked a Droid X yet. However, if you screw up, you may have to SBF it, which requires a Windows PC. The first time I had to SBF mine, it took about 2-3 hours to figure it out. Most of my problems were due to installing the wrong drivers (see my sig). It now takes me 10 minutes to do it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Drummynator

Reaction score
Sort of. If you decide to root I would recommend using the z4root one-click root app. It is very safe. The app does everything for you. I would use the permanent root option. If you don't want to be rooted anymore you can always click the unroot option to unroot. The worst that could happen is having to do a battery pull and start the process again.

Drummynator

Reaction score
I don't think anybody has bricked a Droid X yet. However, if you screw up, you may have to SBF it, which requires a Windows PC. The first time I had to SBF mine, it took about 2-3 hours to figure it out. Most of my problems were due to installing the wrong drivers (see my sig). It now takes me 10 minutes to do it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Basically if you do screw up (which will most likely not happen if you follow all instructions correctly) you will be able to fix it on your own with the resources found on forums like these. I would recommend reading rooolers guide to root / unroot / sbf / overclock / flashing roms / and everything else you need to know found all over any android forum or roooler.com