Droid x Rom

michaelearth

Reaction score
Is there a respected rom for the droid x that keeps blur but has all the enhacements like better battery life, improved speeds?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidToro

Reaction score
I have messed with rubix, liberty and apex. They all had options to allow blur apps. My current rom is liberty but am in the process of moving to apex because it seems faster. Liberty does have way more customization options.

Liberated Droid X

Jordan8

Reaction score
Rubix blurry. Personally never used it, but its built around blur.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
ApeX or Rubix Blurry. In ApeX you get to choose what blur you have incase you want any AOSP, in RubiX you just get it.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm a major liberty fan. There is so much customation options. I've ran both apex and rubix buy I keep coming back to liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
RubiX Blurry is your best bet for the BLUR plus the performance gains since it removes alot of the VZW/Moto bloatware. And i can vouch that RubiX Blurry is the closest you are going to get to the BLUR on stock DX phones. I think it even comes with the ugly white status bar. idk for sure since i havent run that in a while since im usually in liberty or Focused.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! So I have two new questions: Does anyone have an idea of when blur 3.4.2 will be officially pushhed to the droid x? Next, can I flash rims to my droid x without access to a computer? I am currently rooted through z4 but that's it.

Thanks

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! So I have two new questions: Does anyone have an idea of when blur 3.4.2 will be officially pushhed to the droid x? Next, can I flash rims to my droid x without access to a computer? I am currently rooted through z4 but that's it.

Thanks

Yes you can your not SOL. If you dont have a PC access for some reason. You can download the zip to you phone by just finding the ROM you are looking for, here in droid forums or somewhere else. Wait for the download. You must have the Droid X Bootstrapper to flash whatever, its a download in the market. Its 3 bucks i think but it is def worth it since you can also create backups and other things while in the bootstrap recovery. find where the zip file is(depending what phone browser u use it should under a certain downloads folder)and move it to another easily accessible folder if you want. Follow the instructions that are given by the Dev of the ROM. Remember always make a backup before you flash ROMs or Themes. The backups are named by the date and time but you can rename them to easily distinguish them.(no spaces in the names though or u will get an error).

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Alright I've been reading about the 3.4.2 update for blur and I would really like to flash it and try it out. Now I need help doing this. I've purchased droid.x bootstrapper but haven't done anything with it yet. So where can I download the 3.4.2 update (for free) and what do I do after that?

Thanks a bunch!!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Alright I've been reading about the 3.4.2 update for blur and I would really like to flash it and try it out. Now I need help doing this. I've purchased droid.x bootstrapper but haven't done anything with it yet. So where can I download the 3.4.2 update (for free) and what do I do after that?

Thanks a bunch!!

I can't help you out on this, since I haven't done it, but use the search tool to search the forums for the 3.4.2 link. I think that you lose root access when you get it, so restoring what you have is different. Just a heads up, you'll have to find someone else to answer it.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@michaelearth
Unfortunately you will need to buy TBH app because they explicity asked end users not to freely distribute the leak. Also once rooted (using super one click, z4 wont work), you will also need to purchase droid2 bootstrapper because the DX version doesn't work on new blurr. So that's two purchases... together amounting to approximately 5 bucks. Here's detailed information on everything you will need to know:
New Blurr 3.4.2 TBH leak

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
I finally flashed 3.4.2 and I must say its about 100x smoother than before. The in-pocket detection is pretty sweet.

Now my question is can I root from my phone only? I know its rootable but the instructions I found you need a pc but I don't have access to one.

Thanks

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry... you need to use oneclickroot. Do you have access to any computer... like a mac? You could grab a trial of vmware and load up a virtual windows environment. PM me if you need help...

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Ok so after running 3.4.2 I haven't had the best battery life. So i want tiger back to stock blur but I m not sure how to do it? As usual idont have pc access. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX