New To DroidForums.

xosuitehearts

Reaction score
Hello DroidForums,

I'm new to DroidForums.net. I used to be very active on the motorola forums but have decided to move along to a place where I might be able to get better feedback.

I have the Motorola Droid (not X). and I am on Verizon.

I am curious, what would be the worst thing that would happen if I had decided to root my droid?

Is it possible to UNroot?

Please respond :

~X0.:motdroidhoriz:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello DroidForums,

I'm new to DroidForums.net. I used to be very active on the motorola forums but have decided to move along to a place where I might be able to get better feedback.

I am curious, what would be the worst thing that would happen if I had decided to root my droid?

Please respond :

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. We're glad to have you here.:)

I doubt that anything bad will happen to you if you root but there is a very slight possibility that you could brick your phone. So far I haven't seen anyone do that. And yes, you can remove the root and go back to stock. There are a couple of ways to do that.

What I recommend you do is visit our hacking section and take a look at the stickies that talk about rooting, particularly one that explains what rooting is. That way you'll feel comfortable going forward and rooting your Droid if you so desire.

OP
X

xosuitehearts

Reaction score
Hello DroidForums,

Please respond :

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. We're glad to have you here.:)

I doubt that anything bad will happen to you if you root but there is a very slight possibility that you could brick your phone. So far I haven't seen anyone do that. And yes, you can remove the root and go back to stock. There are a couple of ways to do that.

What I recommend you do is visit our hacking section and take a look at the stickies that talk about rooting, particularly one that explains what rooting is. That way you'll feel comfortable going forward and rooting your Droid if you so desire.

Thank you very much Hookbill - I am slightly worried about rooting it, the worry is that exactly of bricking my Droid. I've unlocked other devices before such as the iPod Touch 2gen and even my Sony PSP Phat (i had to make my own pandoras battery, hard as hell). So if I do brick it, is there any way to recover it?