New to Droid

shootingdoc1

Reaction score
:byepalm:New to DROID after years with Palm and recent major discouragements with Treo 700wx. So far I am very happy with Droid and am trying to learn my way through it. Would not change to iphone due to carrier issues. I am definitely a Verizon fan. I use the unit for phone, text messaging to get pages to the hospital where I work ( and to keep up with kids, grand kids, wife), medical applications (Epocrates). Every thing else is like being turned loose in a candy store with no limitations. I clearly want the DROID to assume a prominent place in the technology and market place even as I struggle to understand and discriminately use new apps. I am old enough to be a grandpa, near retirement age, yet immersed in trying to keep financial stability in this uncertain age.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:byepalm:New to DROID after years with Palm and recent major discouragements with Treo 700wx. So far I am very happy with Droid and am trying to learn my way through it. Would not change to iphone due to carrier issues. I am definitely a Verizon fan. I use the unit for phone, text messaging to get pages to the hospital where I work ( and to keep up with kids, grand kids, wife), medical applications (Epocrates). Every thing else is like being turned loose in a candy store with no limitations. I clearly want the DROID to assume a prominent place in the technology and market place even as I struggle to understand and discriminately use new apps. I am old enough to be a grandpa, near retirement age, yet immersed in trying to keep financial stability in this uncertain age.

Welcome to your new home, shootingdoc1! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! If you get stuck, just post a question and someone will be along to help you out. Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

Here's a little help with the basics:

Full Motorola Droid User Guide

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/30276-droidforums-solutions-thread.html

And a great thread for app suggestions: Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

:welcome: