New To Droid, Few Questions!

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
Hi,
I've done hours of research into the droid watching youtube videos and looking around in this forum but still have a few questions mainly to do with txting. I think this phone is perfect for me but wanted to clarify everything.

1. Can you send/receive texts and picture text messages with over 160 characters as long as its from/to another verizon phone?

2. With the $30 data plan, do i still need to pay the extra $10 for unlimited texting?

3. I read another post about the two data plans but whats the difference between the two of them?

Thanks for any info and help!
-Brandon

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Hi,
I've done hours of research into the droid watching youtube videos and looking around in this forum but still have a few questions mainly to do with txting. I think this phone is perfect for me but wanted to clarify everything.

1. Can you send/receive texts and picture text messages with over 160 characters as long as its from/to another verizon phone?

2. With the $30 data plan, do i still need to pay the extra $10 for unlimited texting?

3. I read another post about the two data plans but whats the difference between the two of them?

-Brandon

Everyone cuts their own deal on the plan you're using. I'd call Verizon on that.

M

M1dnite

Hi,

-Brandon

1. It converts it to MMS automatically. I wish it cuts the message into two.

LordKastle

Reaction score
1. Yes..some phones support that and if not it will usually break it up in to separate messages if not (With Handecent..maybe the default makes it in to a MMS). I know with Handcent you are allowed to modify and customize the settings and to decide whether to break up the message in to multiple if it goes over the character limit. Haven't looked the default.

2. Yes you do. Data package is separate.

3. The 30 and the 45? The 30 is what you are looking for. The 45 has to do with business/corporation servers.

OP
P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help,
My current phone is the Env2 and liked how it had the picture on top and all the text under it as one whole message. So it would be like that? I messed with the phone is verizon for awhile and realized texting was like an aim conversation and dont really like that. Can it be converted into separate messages like normal phones?

I assumed i wanted the $30 data plan, thanks again for all the info!

imaROBOT

Reaction score
The way texting works...

There is a seperate "conversation" for whoever you are messaging.
ex. You are texting two different contacts. There will be one conversation for the first and another for the second.

They are not listed as seperate messages. They are listed "AIM style" where you see every message that has been sent.. Until you delete the conversation, but a new one would start once you or someone sends a text.

When sending a picture..

The picture shows up inside the conversation with all the other text messages. The picture is on top, then any text is listed below.

I love this way over the old seperate messages. You can scroll through every message that you have sent to that person and see pictures and videos. It works alot better for me.

OP
P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
thanks Imarobot,
That pretty much cleared it up for me, i guess i'll get used to the aim convo style.
Thanks!
-Brandon