New to Android and looking for Apps

CaptM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Ok, so I've had my Bionic for over a week now, getting used to the Android system (came over from BB).
What I'm looking for are Apps, good apps, great apps, the best apps.
I needed to use a GPS, Navigation app yesterday and only had VZNavigator that came pre-installed, but there's no way that I'm going to pay 20 bucks a month for a service that I will hardly use, anyone know of a good "Free" Navigation app or cheap one that does not require a monthly fee to use?
And other useful apps, I've got Speed Test, Barcode Scanner, found a nice compass app and Bubble Level app.
What are some really good apps out there (I know a lot of you will say that it depends on what I want to do, but I would just like some suggestions).
Oh, and I have not rooted yet, still debating on whether I'm going to now or wait awhile.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For navigation, I've only used Google Maps Navigation. Its done the trick for me.

OP
C

CaptM

Reaction score
Is there an actual app you can install for google maps or do you just have to go through the website?

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
There is an app called maps. Should have been pre installed but may need an update.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Should already be on your phone, says navigation with a blue arrow, or places with a red icon, both are free and work great. If for some reason you don't have it you can get free in the market under google maps it will install all three

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mamaguru

Reaction score
I am new to DROIDX 3. What are the MUST HAVE APPS to utilize DROID X3? I am new to even the language. Thanks in advance!