New to all of this

mnem3844

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Mark, I'm a pharmacist. I'm not an expert PC guy, but I do better than average. I recently bought the original Motorola Droid, and, never having owned a "smart" phone, was thrilled with the BOGO, so I got one for my wife too! Little did I know that I had to register BOTH phones within 30 days, I got hit with a $600 charge from Verizon. When I eventually register my wife's Droid, I will get the money back. Problem is, she is really technologically challenged. She'll make a call on her cell, then immediately turn it off. She doesn't know how to do voice mail. I've tried to teach her, but she doesn't get it. Well enough with this thread of thought.

I am overwhelmed (rather underwhelmed) at the lack of documentation with this phone. Sure, I can download Motorola's 58 page pdf, which tells you absolutely nothing, so when I found this forum, I was thrilled. I have already watched and listened to about 3 hours worth of great info, tips and tricks, and if I really master this thing, may be able to come up with a few of my own.

Thanks for making me fell welcome!

Mark

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Welcome and glad you have joined us! Feel free to ask any questions on this forum, we are all here to help you!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you have had some stumbles. Check out the entire Droid section by clicking the Forum tab above. You will find a lot fo very helpful information about your Droid. I suggest starting with the FAQ section. If you can not find the answer start a thread and the community will assist you.
Mike

OP
M

mnem3844

Reaction score
First stupid question. I had an LG Envoy, and could assign rings to particular people. How do I do this with the original Droid (Motoroal)? (If it can be done at all). Yes, I know, I should search the FAQ's, but right now, this is the first question I would like answered. You can also email to [email protected]

Beka27

Reaction score
Welcome. You may want to edit your email out of the post (spambots and all that...) There is an option for private message on this forum so you don't need to give out your personal email.

For assigning ringtones you should be able to go to the contact's page, press menu> edit> and scroll down.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
A bit different to change ringtones....Open contacts. Tap contact you want. Tap menu. Tap options. There you should see ringtones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mnem3844

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my ringtones off my old phone. Another problem for another day ...:greendroid:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my ringtones off my old phone. Another problem for another day ...:greendroid:

Copy them to your computer then mount your Droid and copy to the SD card.