New Thunderbolt Messages Showing Up as Strange Number on Other Phones

kaia21

Reaction score
My boyfriend got a Thunderbolt this weekend. He has sent me several messages, and they keep showing up on my moto droid 1 as the number 1311480000396xxx sorry i couldnt remember the last three. Anyways, that's not his number. It's really annoying, because I can't jsut message him back. I have to message his real number or he doesn't get it. I'm not trying to be lazy or anything, this just isn't how it's supposed to work. I don't know if it's messaging anyone else like that or not. Verizon wasn't any help on the phone, and tried to insist that other messages from other people must be showing up the same way. They aren't it's just him, and it's just since he got his new phone. I am supposed to be able to just hit reply, not go in and out of messages and try to find the last one I sent him, and then have to go back and forth to make sure I answered all of his questions etc. Help!!!

obxdk

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt did that for the first couple of hours after I had it activated yesterday...but the problem went away before I had a chance to contact Verizon. Unfortunately, I don't have a resolution for you....but you are not imagining things.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's the sim card # being sent. Have him take his battery out and it should fix the issue.

Skull One

Reaction score
VZW techsupport is aware of the issue and they can fix it remotely while you are on the phone as well.

outlaw.99

Reaction score
I called before seeing this... After setting up sim card you have to manually reset... I reset mine and now messages are fine...

Blunt 317

Reaction score
I called before seeing this... After setting up sim card you have to manually reset... I reset mine and now messages are fine...
THANK YOU!!!

was driving my freakin nuts! verizon should really tell u that some where lol.