New thread, Old problem.. bootloader 2c.7c help

Courtdog

Reaction score
I'm getting this error, but I never installed bootloader before. Anywayz, I only had a car charger for it. Now that is broken. So I haven't used the Droid (Droid 1 btw) in about 2months. I finally get a compatible USB cable from verizon, other USB cables haven't worked for some reason??? I plug it up to my PC to charge, and a few hours later when I try to turn it on I get the Bootloader 2c.7c screen. Then Batter Low - Cannot Program (Thats it) 2months ago the battery worked fine. Ive read other ppl having this same issue, but most of them say that it at least says battery OK. Mine will not hold a charge? First things first, how do I fix this issue... a hard reset maybe? I've never messed with changing ROMS/etc. So to help me your would have to go thru the process slowly at first. I never did an spl or whatever I have been reading. But other than that, I consider myself pretty CPU savy and can learn quickly. Thanks!!!----- EDIT: I was using the same memory card I used on a slyvania tablet and I had andROOT on that. Could that be the reason why this is happening? And what would I need to do to fix this issue, thanks again!!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plug it in to the WALL for a few hours, the voltage from usb charging is not enough to charge a phone with a really low battery.

OP
C

Courtdog

Reaction score
Plug it in to the WALL for a few hours, the voltage from usb charging is not enough to charge a phone with a really low battery.
I'll purchase a wall charger today then, but what about the 2c.7c bootloader issue?
What do you recommend I do about this? The fate of the world rest apon your shoulders Tallica. Thanks for what you've already said, I never knew that. I was about to buy a new battery too like a dummy.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no bootloader problem that I see.
When your phone gets a good charge you should be able to power it on.

If you press the power button while in bootloader mode what happens?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also try, taking your battery out and then plugging the phone into the wall to see if it boots without a battery and when it's booted just put the battery in and let it charge.

Not sure if it will boot without the battery though.

OP
C

Courtdog

Reaction score
There is no bootloader problem that I see.
When your phone gets a good charge you should be able to power it on.

If you press the power button while in bootloader mode what happens?
Well for one, I never put bootloader on my phone.
I never seen this before.
The only explanation I have is the memory card which is not even in it at the moment.
But I have a droid tablet which I put andROOT on it to unlock it (I wouldn't recommend doing that anyone with a slyvania)
Thats the only boot/root/whatever I ever attempted.
That tablet went kapoot, I returned it for another tablet. Didn't root it and it works pretty good so far dancedroid
Anywayz, so I put that memory card back into the droid phone (thats where it originally came from in the first place)
I tried to charge it via the micro to usb cable, and thats when I started getting the bootloader 2c.7c screen.
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing somehow andROOT might be responsible for this?
I don't think it should since I never hit run or tried to root the Droid 1, just the tablet.
When I hit the power button on the bootloader screen (not an actual screen, just the words) it shuts right off.
If I hold the X and power button, I get the Motorola logo, then the /?\ screen. But it runs out of power shortly after.
I did get to the hard reset screen once, but I didn't go through with it because I'm not sure that is necessary...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You didn't put the bootloader on, it comes on the phone. Just leave it plugged into the wall till it will boot up.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Get a wall charger. Let it sit on the wall charger overnight. If you are still on the bootloader you'll need to flash SBF to get the phone functional again. Let us know how it goes. :)

Oh, and the bootloader is similar to the BIOS on a PC. If there's a problem with that or what it's seeing when it tries to boot, it won't boot and will report an error. Just seeing it all the time means you have an error, no OS installed, or the d-pad is sticking.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Not always true furman. I've had mine drop to bootloader once and I did panic and flash a full .sbf but have found out since that it might do so with a low or dying battery, non functional charger, non OEM charger, or sometimes when it feels booty.

That's when I suggest all the above, and once the battery is fully charged, take out the battery for about thirsty seconds, then put it back in and see if the phone will boot normally then.

good luck and as furman asked, keep us posted.

djembeman

Reaction score
I've been getting this error only when I'm plugged into my computer via USB. When I boot while plugged into a regular charger or unplugged my phone boots normally.

Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB