New Theme is looping Droid phone

kraigballa

Reaction score
Ok I am new to all of this as I rooted my Droid 1 version 2.2 yesterday and installed the Ultimate Droid ROM. I am using Clockwork recovery along with ROM Manager. I did do a back-up prior to installing the Ultimate Droid ROM. However, the problem is not the Ultimate Droid ROM, but the Theme I just installed Watermark'D 3.4 theme from UD 8 (found here). I rebooted my phone into recovery using ROM manager, and then I scrolled down to the zipped folder to install the theme. When it was done I rebooted in to normal mode. The phone started up just fine, but whenever I try to unlock it by dragging my finger across the screen it freezes and then loops through the boot-up stage right back to the unlock screen. I hold down the power button and it gives me options to reboot, reboot in recovery, and power off. I have tried all of them and it continues to just go through the loop. It tells me it is rebooting into recovery, or powering off but all it is doing is rebooting the phone. Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks

OP
K

kraigballa

Reaction score
OMG...I just found out what stupid mistake I made. I downloaded and installed the wrong version. Now that I am in a semi "boot loop" what can I do to get Clockwork mod in recovery mode so I can restore then install the proper 2.0 theme?

OP
K

kraigballa

Reaction score
For anyone who ever gets in this predicament, all I had to do was power off my droid...and on the slide out keyboard I held X and then held the power button until the "M" came on the screen. Then ClockworkMod was booted into recovery.

Last edited:

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the record, RM and UD have a history of not playing well with each other. You need to make sure the theme you download is compatible with the ROM too. I'm glad you got it figured out!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
K

kraigballa

Reaction score
For the record, RM and UD have a history of not playing well with each other. You need to make sure the theme you download is compatible with the ROM too. I'm glad you got it figured out!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Just an opinion question. What ROM's are the best?