New software for the Motorola Razr

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
Just got the new software for the Motorola razr...it was the 6.12.173.XT912 but I don't see where it's help the battery improve much more than the first software back in Dec....I don't really see much change in the software update today...Maybe I will see a different in it in the next few days...Hope it fix something...Now I am waiting on the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 to come out very soon...

What a crazy world we live in...Motorola Razr came out in the middle of Nov.. and second Motorola razr Maxxx has come out....with a better battery life...21 hours of talk time...:p:p

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The main thing I have noticed is the stability of the data connection...

quinejh

Reaction score
OK can anyone tell answer this? last month I bought a razor rooted it but running stock rom. Today verizon sent out an update but my phone dowloads it and records but stops installing at 70% and boots just ad it was. any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Did you happen to remove, rename, freeze any of the bloat on the device? If so, that has to be in place (root doesn't matter, but the phone needs to have all preinstalled files intact)...

quinejh

Reaction score
Font beleive I uninstalled anything I did install motomizer I have ROM manager and a few other root apps but haven't made any changes

quinejh

Reaction score
I also am sitting here thinking of doing a factory reset if I do will this fix my problem and will I lose root?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Font beleive I uninstalled anything I did install motomizer I have ROM manager and a few other root apps but haven't made any changes

There was a member over on the sister forum www.razrforums.com & he had used motomizer as well and it seems that it edited the build prop which could cause an error on the install...

You would need the stock build.prop file or actually restore to .744 (might look at this thread for the newest utility toolkit http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...u-want-your-razr-minus-unlock-bootloader.html )

You would loose root, but you could reroot and use VooDoo Root Keeper prior to updating to .173 to restore / regain root.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far i noticed my text message icon is different and my Haptic is better while texting...not sure if it was just the reset but so far so good ...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

quinejh

Reaction score
I like that tool kit but no where on the page does it say how to get it

quinejh

Reaction score
OK I think this is my game plan factory restore, update, reroot, get that program u just showed me.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like that tool kit but no where on the page does it say how to get it

It is the "via XDA" for the link...

quinejh

Reaction score
Ok i installed safestrap and in thinking of flashing the razrx rom but i have been reading some posts and some roms r saying not to use with certain builds i have never tried this but if this works im gonna paste this and maybe someone can tell me what i can and cant flash i bootlooped my droid1 cause i flashed the wrong ram.

quinejh

Reaction score
I am not able to inatall the ota update keeps telling me update failed and ive done to factory resets but still cant take the update so im just gonna try new roms but have to go off of whatever build i have
Just not sure of what i have.