New software for Droid Maxx

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I just got a notice that there is new software ... since I don't see any mention of it in this section, I thought I would ask if anyone knows anything about it....

Current version 23.3.24

New Version 24.3.7

Anything good, bad, or stay the **** away from in this new version. I am Keeping it on hold until I get more info....

Thanks

(Comment edited by forum staff. Please keep it clean & don't try to bypass the swear filters) Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Ok I just found this ....

" The 2013 DROID family – MAXX, ULTRA, and Mini – is receiving an update today from Verizon to version 24.3.7. The update does one thing, so I hope it does it well. The only item listed on the changelog says that this update brings bug fixes and stability improvements to VoLTE, which Verizon calls Advanced Calling 1.0. "

"According to the Verizon Wireless support pages, the following installments come with an advanced calling bug fixed, stability improvements and not much else."

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, that's all it does, tweaks and improvements for VoLTE. I have not seen any difference since applying the update. It does turn VoLTE to ON automatically if you currently have it Off. I tried it for two days and it was still a battery hog so I turned it back to Off. I am just not seeing any benefit to VoLTE for my personal needs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Remmy700P

Reaction score
Website
www.pesisolar.com
Current Phone Model
DROID Turbo
Is VoLTE something that has been re-enabled on the phone subsequent to this update? If so, how do I turn it back off? (I've never enabled nor used VoLTE).

Thanks all.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless you have enabled it on your Verizon account, you won't even see the option on your phone. If it's not turned on with VZW, then it won't be turned on on your phone and you don't need to worry. For now it's useless and just a battery drain so I don't even have mine turned on with my VZW account.