New Social Group - Ex-Blackberry Users

J

JohnDroid

JohnDroid has created a new social group called "Ex-Blackberry Users", with the following description:

Are you switching over to the Droid platform from a Blackberry? This the group for Ex-Blackberry users.

To join this group visit the social groups homepage where this new group will be listed.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ha! definitely the group for me.. :p i love my BB, but the storm 2 and whatever else they have up their sleeve just isn't enough anymore.

MrWest45

Reaction score
big switch.. my work environment requires me to have a phone that works. The Storm1 was my first BB and with that phone I never knew for sure if it was going to let me done. I actually packed a dumb phone in my car just in case the storm1 freaked out completely. I got really sick of battery pulls, too. I mean c'mon why the "F" would you want a phone that requires battery pulls on a daily basis, just to function?

catbertz

Reaction score
Currently using the S1, but I don't think I'm going to be able to avoid the Droid lol.
I'm starting to crush hard on the Droid...except for the gold highlights *puke*

Why leave BB?
-Truncated email
-Bored of the buggy OS (i know all phones have bugs, but damn..)
-I see very little room for growth in S2 performance, though it looks good.
-apps..more please.
-browser sucks. Thank god for Opera Mini.
-etc

hvymtlman

Reaction score
i'm planning to switch asap. but i'm kinda torn, i just got a replacement for my storm and it's working great.

catbertz

Reaction score
i'm planning to switch asap. but i'm kinda torn, i just got a replacement for my storm and it's working great.

Yea I just got a replacement two weeks ago, after the external speaker died, plus major dust under glass. Refurb is perfect right now, and new os update is fast and solid, but still..I think its my first and last BB. :eek:

hvymtlman

Reaction score

Yea I just got a replacement two weeks ago, after the external speaker died, plus major dust under glass. Refurb is perfect right now, and new os update is fast and solid, but still..I think its my first and last BB. :eek:

i just got the replacement on monday, it's working great right now. i'm tired of battery-pulls. other than that, i love the storm. but i can't see why we have to put up with it. this was the first phone i paid for, i usually took the free phone. unfortunately, i chose bb. but i learned a lot.

sterles

Reaction score
I would LOVE to switch when the Droid comes out, but I have been told "no" so far by my firm's tech geeks. I need to come up with a very good argument to present to management why we should be allowed to get these.

FYI, we are allowed to switch from Verizon to get an iPhone, but I am really hesitant to do that. But just goes to show with enough momentum, they will accommodate other devices.

I just don't want an iPhone... I want to stay with Verizon!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would LOVE to switch when the Droid comes out, but I have been told "no" so far by my firm's tech geeks. I need to come up with a very good argument to present to management why we should be allowed to get these.

FYI, we are allowed to switch from Verizon to get an iPhone, but I am really hesitant to do that. But just goes to show with enough momentum, they will accommodate other devices.

I just don't want an iPhone... I want to stay with Verizon!

Just give it alittle time. The techies just want to make sure that the phone is as secure as those two with email handling.

tsguy52

Reaction score
I'm jumping ship as well... Long time BB user and will not look back after the mess RIM has been shipping lately.

crazycell

Reaction score
I'm in!! Longtime BB user (7250, 8130, Curve, S1). Made the jump a week or so ago to an Imagio and right back to my Curve. Always looking for something new and the Droid looks to be the beast.

Dillemma now......go to VZW store Friday morning (have to confirm when they will open) or just pre-order at BB?????:D

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i had one employee tell me they will be opening up an hour early, and i think i read that somewhere too.. call on the 5th and ask them, that's my plan :)

mjs31

Reaction score
I will probably be there as well. 99% sure I will be giving up my Tour (or the wife will take it over her Curve) and going Droid. Friday will tell all though.

beargold23

Reaction score
Currently have the Storm 1. Cant bring myself to get another phone that looks the same with some updates "Storm2"..I went to BB today and got to mess around with the non-working demo phone, and i really like the feel.. Actually has a similar feel to my old Samsung i760..:)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently have the Storm 1. Cant bring myself to get another phone that looks the same with some updates "Storm2"..I went to BB today and got to mess around with the non-working demo phone, and i really like the feel.. Actually has a similar feel to my old Samsung i760..:)

i like the storm 2 also... but its just not cool enough for me. :p in all seriousness, i would be happy with either it or the droid.. but given the opportunity to choose, i want the physical keyboard. welcome to the forums!