New site desktop browser login issue

djakrse

Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I never know where to post site issues, though this seems to be the best place. This applies to my PC desktop and laptop, Firefox vers. 5 and 3, respectively. I've noticed that the login box at the top right does not work properly. First, the password field is not hidden (****), so the password I type is visible. That's not a major issue, as at least I can see I'm typing in the correct password. However, submitting the correct login credentials does not get me logged into the site. Luckily, the incorrect login error displays with a proper working login form, which allows me to get logged in the 2nd time. This is reproducible for me.

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
Well, rest easy all, I figured it out! New fancy site calls for objects on new domain, so I no longer had full site trusted with NoScript (duh, should've checked there first.) I was wondering why the WYSIWYG editor wasn't working either.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had the same issue and it was bugging the hell out of me I noticed though if I waited for the spinner to stop spinning then types my password it would be hidden and then allow me to login but I'll check out ur solution in the morning when I'm not on my phone and on my laptop glad the issue wasn't just me :)

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.8ghz!

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
Truth be told, I didn't test the login to be certain. It fixed the WYSIWYG and allowed several other things to work. I'm certain it'll take care of the logins though. Droidnetwork.net was the new domain I trusted I believe.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I've had the same issue and it was bugging the hell out of me I noticed though if I waited for the spinner to stop spinning then types my password it would be hidden and then allow me to login but I'll check out ur solution in the morning when I'm not on my phone and on my laptop glad the issue wasn't just me :)

hey i like this...init 2 winit
i need one that has a hawaiian princess theme! Lol jk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also i don't have the add on for noscript installed in firefox but still have this issue? I just have to wait for the page to fully load to type my pass and it will show *** then but only after i wait for it to fully load?

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
Really? Do you have any other kind of security add ons that require configuring trust? The issue sounds like javascript is not enabled, which for me was because of NoScript doing its job. Do other javascript elements work for you, like the full WYSIWYG or the "more" emoticons link? I just tested the login and it works perfectly for me now.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope I keep everything opened I'm not really to afraid of any thing I don't go to any sites I don't trust and what not so my computers completely open actually but it seems somethings just loading last for me causing me to see my pass and it not work I'll check my settings tonight when I'm at my computer and see what I can come up with

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
I hear you. I haven't run antivirus or antispyware, but noscript does the minimum for me.

Btw, I'm sure you know,it's possible to get spyware from legitimate sites. Ad servers get hacked or hijacked all the time.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hear you. I haven't run antivirus or antispyware, but noscript does the minimum for me.

Btw, I'm sure you know,it's possible to get spyware from legitimate sites. Ad servers get hacked or hijacked all the time.

Yea i know but I just don't care too much ha I'm pretty good at keeping my old computer going but if anything did happen it'd be a nice excuse to go buy a computer with 8gbs ram and an in processor been drooling over a few on bestbuy.com lol

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
No argument there. Sometimes it's not worth keeping an old machine running. I recently had a lady up at work pay me to clean up their old minitower, with the added remark that she hoped I couldn't fix it so her hubby would be forced to get a new one. I told her I'd do my best, but I'd return it in a couple of days and recommend they get a new puter. Lol

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
O no mines not that bad i have a toshiba it's about 3 years old runs ubuntu got a dual core at 2.0ghz with 3gbs of sdram it's pretty quick still very snappy i don't keep junk on it i have 6 icons on my desktop in fact so it's clean ha but things are starting to go on it like the webcam doesn't work (got an evo 3d for that) and then the casing is starting to break away from the screen from being opened so much but other than that things is still great i just want something very fancy soon you know

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
Well I'd hope you aren't working with something that old ;) That was an extreme case.