New Rooted User

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently rooted my Droid 2 running the Liberty rom. I'm still pretty much a novice at the whole root thing, but so far it's been pretty fun. Few things I want to get a crack at is using a ROM manager and overclocking.

I've downloaded Clockwork's ROM manager, but honestly I don't know how to use it. And I'm not sure if overclocking is for me because while the extra speed sounds nice, I don't know if I like having worse battery life.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from this community and look forward to talking with you all. :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
howd u get liberty on your D2? you should already have clockwork - just use the bootstrapper app

and for OC, i suggest JRummys app or Quickclock (although I use both)

lemme know if you have any more questions

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum! as you can already see, plenty of friendly people willing to help out and share info. in addition to the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid, make sure to check out the separate D2 section, with all of its subforums - plenty of info and resources for rooted users! browse around, post around, don't hesitate to ask questions, and stick around and join in the fun! :)

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcoming Husker :)

@Abe (or anyone who can answer) Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do have the Clockwork Bootstrap that allowed me to install Liberty. Also, if I'm satisfied with the speed of my phone now, is it worth it to overclock since it seems battery life is reduced by overclocking?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and with jrummy's overclock app you can also underclock to help out with battery life and also edit the voltage. 300mhz at 31v is my lowest. jrummy has great work and also welcome to the rooted darkside. Dive in and enjoy

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Welcome to the community and with jrummy's overclock app you can also underclock to help out with battery life and also edit the voltage. 300mhz at 31v is my lowest. jrummy has great work and also welcome to the rooted darkside. Dive in and enjoy

I've been trying to come up with the stock clock speeds of the D2 so I can visualize the differences overclocking and underclocking will do, but can't find anything. Do you know these numbers?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
well i rebooted my phone with a battery pull to set it back to stock speeds and voltages. i took some sreenshots below i had to take 2 bc 1ghz wouldnt fit in the first pic.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
well i rebooted my phone with a battery pull to set it back to stock speeds and voltages. i took some sreenshots below i had to take 2 bc 1ghz wouldnt fit in the first pic.

I see so by overclocking, its setting the maximum higher to 1.2 or so while the minimum is still staying around 300 mhz if I read that correctly?

Thanks for the quick reply!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
these are some shots of the scaling options that are preset by jrummy and the second is a shot of custom presets that you can make

those pics help?

Last edited:
OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
these are some shots of the scaling options that are preset by jrummy and the second is a shot of custom presets that you can make

those pics help?

Lots of voltage and mHz going around. I'll have to study up before pursuing further. Thanks!