New User

B

bthomp21

I had the LG Dare, yes I know. haha

I recently went to verizon and got the droid. I love this phone. Tonight I have rooted it and trying to install some roms. Not having luck with overclocking it. This is an amazing phone and cant wait to use it more.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whichever thread you grabbed the rom install directions from is probably the best bet for assistance. To overclock you need to purchase SetCPU from the market and you need a rom that has overclocking available.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
B

bthomp21

Thanks guys, yeah I have setCPU. As soon as I changed my max to 1.25, everything was slow and froze, so I have to run backup. Im trying again because most likely it was user error, like most of the time, haha.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the LG Dare, yes I know. haha

I recently went to verizon and got the droid. I love this phone. Tonight I have rooted it and trying to install some roms. Not having luck with overclocking it. This is an amazing phone and cant wait to use it more.

:welcome: to the forums. What kind of problem are you having with o.c.? Let us know we will try to help.

OP
B

bthomp21

EDITED

Looking at the instructions again, I did everything I was suppose to. But since I already ran backup, time to try again.

dtartini

Reaction score
Not all kernals are going to operate smoothly at 1.25ghz. If you stick with that setup try something a little slower like 1ghz or even 800mhhz

OP
B

bthomp21

I installed setCPU before installing the new kernel, could that be it?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
B

bthomp21

Yes, selected auto
Checked set on boot

Do I need to reboot after I do that?

OP
B

bthomp21

I am rebooting now, it was fc everything.

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

And then it reboots...then reboots after the M. keeps going and going.