New Root Method for Pro running GB

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey guys, there is a article on AndroidCentral about a new way to root Gingerbread. It will root the Pro using GB 2.3.4 or earlier. Only one person I know has used it and he reports it works great with no problem. Nothing to buy...just download and go....here is the link to the download and instructions:http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I've tried this method. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but it doesn't work for me. It gives me the superuser ninja icon. But none of my root apps work. for example, when I try to go into rootexplorer, it just force closes. I even sbf many times but no luck.

Can anyone else prove that it works for the droid pro?

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've tried this method. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but it doesn't work for me. It gives me the superuser ninja icon. But none of my root apps work. for example, when I try to go into rootexplorer, it just force closes. I even sbf many times but no luck.

SingingAlcazar reports that this worked for him. Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. You mentioned that you SBF'd...are you trying to root Gingerbread or Froyo. This method only works if you have upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.3 in case of the Pro.

blackra1ner96

Reaction score

I tried it on my droid pro and it worked fine. Im rooted and my apps work great. Where you rooted before you updated? that might be the problem. If so i have a tread on how to get rid of superuser app and retrying the root method. message me for link on program that removes superuser app

wykjacky

Reaction score
It works for me too.
Just a simply click and the magic done! :icon_ banana:

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
best way to root gingerbread. extremely easy.
though WAYYY easier on mac os x, than windows.

kayceemenow

Reaction score
Do I need to unroot my Pro before installing the GB update? I have heard both yes and no, but I figured you guys would know best.

Thanks,
Britt

kayceemenow

Reaction score
One more question...

I read in another thread that even though you can root the GB for the droid pro, you can no longer tether on verizon's network. If I update and root, will I still be able to get a wireless tether (not Verizon's)?

Britt

Panther9010

Reaction score
That method doesn't work for me... I have a Droid Pro with Gingerbread 2.3.4 and the Version System 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US :(

booda

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem rooting,i used Motorola one click i get a superuser app but thats all. Anyone please help:

4.6.8 xt610
2.6.32.9-g8b456a1
usb debugged

if you need more info let me know.

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem rooting,i used Motorola one click i get a superuser app but thats all. Anyone please help:

4.6.8 xt610
2.6.32.9-g8b456a1
usb debugged

if you need more info let me know.

If you have the super user app then you should be rooted, try installing an app that needs super user permission and see if you have access, titanium backup is a good one.

BAD ASS X

booda

Reaction score
If you have the super user app then you should be rooted, try installing an app that needs super user permission and see if you have access, titanium backup is a good one.

BAD ASS X

i did and its not working....i had CM9 but i tried to do an update and something went wrong. and now im stuck with an unrooted stock :(

any other advise?

clueless77

Reaction score
There is always doing sbf back to froyo then taking updates and rerooting and reflashing just time consuming

BAD ASS X

booda

Reaction score
There is always doing sbf back to froyo then taking updates and rerooting and reflashing just time consuming

BAD ASS X

I was hoping i didnt have to do it. Do you know if i can change the rom in stock? or do i have to update?

Thanks for the replies