New Root for S5 and Other Devices (6/15/14)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Gotta love these 1 click root Apps.

drunkclever

Reaction score
I click on the thingy, download the apk.. turn on unknown sources.. when I go to install it... I get a pop up saying not to install it cause it contains code to disable androids security... wtf? Click it any way right?

--> Verizon s5
Screenshot_2014-07-02-04-56-31.png

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Click it anyway if you want root...

drunkclever

Reaction score
Click it anyway if you want root...
Yeah it worked...

Every once in a while I get a msg from Google or Verizon to send records of something... security files of some type or another. I keep pressing the clear button instead of taking a darn screen shot. Anyone else getting this?
zaryvepu.jpg

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Really? I don't remember the Thunderbolt being that hard.

Sent from Big Blue Country

UK how are things going?

You know I still have my tbolt though it has long been retired. Retired it for the galaxy nexus, which was then retired for the note 2, which has now been retired for the nexus 5. The tbolt just collects dust as the money that is offered for the thing now days is like $50 and that is being generous.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
UK how are things going?

You know I still have my tbolt though it has long been retired. Retired it for the galaxy nexus, which was then retired for the note 2, which has now been retired for the nexus 5. The tbolt just collects dust as the money that is offered for the thing now days is like $50 and that is being generous.
Doing well my friend. Yeah my TB is long retired as well. It's sitting gathering dust just like yours. I moved on to the GNEX as well, but kept that for a long time before getting my S5. Which I'm really liking by the way!

solar

Reaction score
New update from verizon, as usual, kills root and TR ver3 doesn't seem to work.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry to hear that Steeveegee! There's really not much you can do at this point aside from waiting on developers to come up with an updated root method. Being that it was one of the more difficult devices to find an exploit to begin with, I wouldn't count on a new root method anytime soon. On a positive note, you'll now get all the latest OTAs right away, so there's that to look forward to. Keep an eye on XDA and Geohot and hope for the best, stranger things have happened. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

steeveegee

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Steeveegee! There's really not much you can do at this point aside from waiting on developers to come up with an updated root method. Being that it was one of the more difficult devices to find an exploit to begin with, I wouldn't count on a new root method anytime soon. On a positive note, you'll now get all the latest OTAs right away, so there's that to look forward to. Keep an eye on XDA and Geohot and hope for the best, stranger things have happened. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

what a shame!
what good is an O.T.A update if your phone runs worse then before?
galaxy s5 is a beautiful phone but a laggy p.o.s with verizons crap on it
i could understand voiding your samsung warranty with root but this is retarded
i dont understand why they care if its rooted so much.
i was so unhappy with this phone then came towelroot and all was perfect
i had this thing running perfectly
i wonder how long till someone fixes this

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
i dont understand why they care if its rooted so much.
The problem was, too many people over the years who had no clue what they were doing started rooting their phones and bricking them. They would then return said brick to Verizon under warranty or insurance for a replacement, which obviously came out of Verizon's pocket. Because of this, carriers like Verizon & AT&T started locking down their phones and making it extremely difficult to root, thus solving (for the must part) their bricked phone/insurance replacement problem.

tap'n on my S5