NEW [ROM] Clean Rom 8 "Core" Edition For Verizon Galaxy S3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Galaxy S3 is quickly aging. As news begins to leak of the Galaxy S5 this phone is becoming more and more of a dinosaur. This doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your S3. Chances are you may be getting ready to replace it anyhow. Until then Roms can be the perfect way to freshen up your aging device. It can also be a way to future proof your older devices so that they can last you for months to come. Clean Rom developer "Scottsroms" has released his 8th build of Clean Rom for the Verizon Galaxy S3. He is calling this build the "Core" Edition. If you are familiar with Clean Rom then you know that it pretty well sticks to stock touchwiz, but is much lighter and has enough tweaks to make this rom blazing fast!

The new Core Edition is based on the latest Verizon released Jelly Bean 4.3 and is De-odexed. This rom can be flashed on either an unlocked device or a device with SafeStrap. This Rom is extremely debloated with most samsung and verizon apps removed. It features extra toggles, an advanced reboot menu, recompiled stock kernel for unlocked devices, free tether for all, removed ime switcher in notification panel, black status bar, Nexus 5 ringtones, Performance and battery optimizations, and more! You can head to the link below for the download!

Via ScottsRoms

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Am I the only one that read the title and assumed this was for the octa-core CPU version of the S3?

quaffapint

Reaction score
I'm assuming that 'aging' and 'dinosaur' remark is sarcasm? My stock S3 still handles everything thrown at it and runs beautifully and smooth. There's no need to upgrade or change anytime soon. It's like PC hardware - software hasn't caught up to it yet.

HNettles

Reaction score
I do not play games or watch videos on my S3. I make calls, send and receive texts, read emails, and occasionally use Google Maps. My phone is very fast, and very reliable. I think I'll leave it alone for now.

Am I interested in what the S5 will bring to the table? Yes, I am -- but only if it will fit comfortably in my front pocket, as the S3 does now.