New Ringke cover for stock cover Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
I know there are covers coming out all the time now for TB, saw one at Mall today too, was nice but did not cover the phone like this new one I got from Rearth. It fits great, comes with 2 plugs, one white, one clear for what I'm guessing is the ear phone hole, I like way wraps all the way around comes up the front and sides , not real hard, turning volume up or power button easy to press, I don't seem to bump screen as much, for now with regular battery since I plug in all the time it's a great case, but hope they have one for the extended battery soon. Here's some shots of it and the website.

Rearth USA | Go ahead, judge us by the cover!

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg
dancedroid

Last edited:

Kid A

Reaction score
Just ordered one of these in black. Really like the attention to detail.

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
yeah I am even using stock battery over my extended so can use the cover, I love the tight fit and feel, I can stay plugged in 10 to 15 hours a day anyway, hey tied to a desk, no need to be macho and say my battery rocks, lol so when they make a cover for extended battery, I'm going to get one too, even the ones in mall, although looked same, was silicone, fit was sloppy. they did good job on this.

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
No not flimsy , its not hard nor soft, it is nothing I can really say felt before, cross between silicone and hard rubber

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
You know the feel of one of those frying pans that has a rubber handle, like that

Kid A

Reaction score
Just got my Ringke case today and I gotta say, there is no better case for the money as far as I am aware. I love the texture, it feels like hard, grippy plastic but is very flexible and takes no fingerprints. When I put it on at first it was a little loose in some areas where I had pulled the case over the phone, which made me worried. But in a couple of hours it had stretched back to its natural position and now fits perfectly. The detail on this is top notch, Rearth even included logos and indentations on the outside of the case that perfectly line up with those on your phone. So far my only gripe is that despite the anti-dust coating, the case does attract more lint than I'd like. That being said, all silicone cases attract some form of dust and none cover the Thunderbolt as thoroughly as this one. For the money, it can't be beat.

OP
DroidStang

DroidStang

Reaction score
Sweet, yeah like I said I use stock battery since got case I like so much

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using this for about a week now. And most here know I loathe cases, But figured I would give this a spin.

DroidStang already posted pictures of the case on the TB, It does fit as well as it's shown. The case is formed well to the device and does not sag or feel loose.

The feel of the case to me is neither slippery or rubbery but it's easy to slide into ones pocket but seems to grip the dash of my truck and stays in place while driving.

One of the best things about this case is it does add to bulk to the Thunderbolt.
I would recommend anyone looking for a soft style case to give Ringke a try, It will be money well spent.

1android

Reaction score
They contacted me to do some testing for their thunderbolt case. I got it and put it on immeditely. Its a descent case IMO. Personally I would never pay for this case though. I guess it all depends on what kind of phone case you like. I DO NOT like one that makes the phone twice as thick just to protect it, but I also do not like a gel case that really does nothing but protect the back and sides of the phone from scratches. I like to know that my case will at least give my phone a shot at survival if I happen to drop it. I felt the rubber/gel they use is to thin/flimsy. The fit was ok, but IMO not GREAT.

IMO there has yet been a case that has impressed me more that the case mate pro. SUPURB fit and great protection. It does however make the phone a little thicker but than the ringke case but I have no doubt it will protect my phone. Feels great in my hand and looks good too. I still have my ringke but I dont know if I will ever use it.