Droid4 Battery Cover Bulging Out

Froyo

Reaction score
Lately I've found it almost impossible to correctly fit the back cover onto my Droid 4 after I've removed it to swap out the SD card or remove the sim. The reason it has become so difficult to snap the cover back into place properly is because the strip that covers the integrated battery warning us not to try to remove it, is beginning to bulge out signifigantly. No longer does it lie flat, but has bubbled out pretty noticibly.

I don't know what would cause this to happen, (Overheating, perhaps?) but I'm curious as to whether anybody else experienced this issue as well. On the plus side though, I can now just slide the back cover right off, and no longer need to find a paperclip or pen to poke the tiny hole every time I need to remove it, which was one of the most ridiculous and irritating features of the Droid 4.

Benton

Reaction score
It may be time to use your first year warranty and get a replacement sent to you. A battery that has formed into a different shape is likely the result of excessive heat leaving it weakened and possibly unsafe.

Quick

Reaction score
Yikes, I'd replace it immediately. If the Li-Ion battery has swelled due to internal pressure that's not good at all. and yes, very likely unsafe.