New Release::Polaris Navigation System

Ehostic

Reaction score
View attachment 55634

Download at: Free GPS for Android

Specifications:
The Polaris Navigation System is a complete navigation package that includes the following:
Reporting on all standard GPS parameters
-Latitude and Longitude
-Altitude
-Speed
Heading (includes magnetic declination correction when in magnet mode)
Odometer
Time en route
Directional compasses (customizable)
Waypoint Management System
-Set waypoints from map, enter coordinates or save current position
-Editable Waypoint Database for storing waypoints
-Waypoint-Finding Compass - A dynamic waypoint-finding tool that always points to your waypoint- just follow the arrow and you'll wind up at your destination!
Maps (street and satellite maps) for setting and viewing waypoints, trails and your position
Trail Management System
Trail Recorder
Editable Trail Database for storing and retrieving trails
Overlay your trail on street or satellite maps
Waypoint Guidance System
-Includes the waypoint-finding compass and reports target coordinates, heading, speed,
Email a map of your position
Get turn-by-turn driving directions from your position or from a specified address or coordinate
Data protection system- your data is backed up regularly meaning you will not lose your progress if you need to change batteries while en-route

DS Software specializes in mobile navigation tools

Download at: Free GPS for Android

OP
E

Ehostic

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comment

Please be sure to Rate the app. I know the developer and he would be grateful!

john71105

Reaction score
I am downloading Polaris to try as a replacement for "My Trip Recorder". That program only worked right once, when I first got it.
Now I can't even figure out how to start recording a trip. Worse, I can't find the saved trips to edit them. I am aggravated.

Will let you know my opinion of Polaris after my dog and I walk a few local sample routes.

john71105

Reaction score
Have now walked several different paths with my dog. The displayed measurements seem a bit iffy during the recording of a a trail. I've seen them vary by 2 or 3 miles. But after I saved the trail, distance measurements look much more accurate. On Christmas Eve I walked about 2 miles of a Biking trail in Northwest Louisiana called the Monkey Trail. I think the Polaris GPS recorded path is more accurate than the path available as a kml file here: Monkey trail : Sep 11, 2010 10:28 AM in Keithville, LA | MapMyRide . I believe the Polaris GPS Waypoints Trail Manager records more points and presents a more accurate path. The waypoint creation and photo acquisition is also a really nice feature. I have now exported several Trails and Waypoints files and viewed them in Google Earth. For me, this is a very useful app and well worth the price of the paid version which I bought after about 30 minutes into recording my first trail.