New Razr Maxx - Looking fora Case

Caesars

Reaction score
I absolutely love my defender :) but it's toO big for many peoples standards.
MAXX.edu

Reaction score
I bought this one in a corporate Verizon store (I do not recall the cost). It is perfect for me. I keep the belt clip in the case and only use it occasionally. The stand is great because you can use it either sideways as shown in the photo or vertically. Because of the fact that it collapses into the case itself, there is no additional "bulk". This plus a screen protector and I feel that I am well "covered". The center picture shows the stand in the collapsed position on the back of the phone.

+1 for this case. Shop around on eBay. You can get this case for a great price vs the cost at the Verizon store.

jsullivan

Reaction score
If you're looking for heavy-duty protection you might want to consider the Trident Kraken A.M.S. case (Tridenteer.com - A Subsidiary of Trident Case). I have this for my Maxx. It has a kickstand on the back and a removable belt clip. It's a heavy-duty case and makes the Maxx heavier and thicker but I bought the Maxx for it's battery life not size. I got it for 25% off during a Father's Day sale. My phone takes a beating in my purse so I also have a case I keep it in when it's in there. I don't feel like filing a claim for the screen. Wireless Emporium has cases that are large enough to fit the Trident case.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If you're looking for heavy-duty protection you might want to consider the Trident Kraken A.M.S. case (Tridenteer.com - A Subsidiary of Trident Case). I have this for my Maxx. It has a kickstand on the back and a removable belt clip. It's a heavy-duty case and makes the Maxx heavier and thicker but I bought the Maxx for it's battery life not size. I got it for 25% off during a Father's Day sale. My phone takes a beating in my purse so I also have a case I keep it in when it's in there. I don't feel like filing a claim for the screen. Wireless Emporium has cases that are large enough to fit the Trident case.

I have had the Kraken for several devices (not the Razr though) and they have always been well built cases for sure. So I have to agree with you, the Kraken is a great case if you don't mind a little extra bulk.

My91sho

Reaction score
If I could just find a cover like that with Monster Energy "M" on it like they have for the Iphone:biggrin:

If you want the monster logo, find a local place that does "hydro dipping" you can take almost anything to them to have dipped, guns, truck fenders, Xbox controllers, etc...I have a local place that does it for under $20.

I have the body glove case. I love it compared to the Otter box. Not too big, not too grippy, and it has a kickstand. Very useful for Netflix.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SF18TC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

My91sho

Reaction score
They have hundreds of designs. Kinda crappy picture, check out www.liquidtransformations.com

Last edited:

Ed270

Reaction score
My91sho said:
If you want the monster logo, find a local place that does "hydro dipping" you can take almost anything to them to have dipped, guns, truck fenders, Xbox controllers, etc...I have a local place that does it for under $20.

I have the body glove case. I love it compared to the Otter box. Not too big, not too grippy, and it has a kickstand. Very useful for Netflix.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007SF18TC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Thanks, I will check into it. At the least I could get a black tpu case and put one of my monster stickers on it but I would like something more custom

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
I personally prefer no case, just a screen protector. I hate strapping a bulky case on a phone that was designed to be thin.

My91sho

Reaction score
Ultimately I would like no case too, but accidents happen. Not to mention most of us have kids, work, mess around, etc...

Klong

Reaction score
TPU Case and SGP Ultra Crystal

The Otterbox Defender is a great option if you want the ultimate protection for your Maxx. That being said it's bulky and the silicone back and integrated screen protector caused some problems. First the silicone back is sticky and gathers any lint and makes it difficult in pockets. When coupled to the plastic holster its like carrying a sidearm and very difficult to remove from a belt due to the clasp. The integrated screen protector is offset from the phone's display which allows dust to accumulate between the display and protector. It also has the "screen door" effect and the "rainbow " effect if any moisture gets under it. Also had a problem with the ambient light sensor that controlled the illumination of the hardware buttons at the bottom of the phone. So I switched it out with the Diztronic TPU and SGP Ultra Crystal combo. Basically reminded me why I opted for the Maxx in the first place, thin with a very good display. Went to the local V store and got a nice leather pouch on sale also.

JulioRazr

Reaction score
Otter box commuter is a great choice. It doesn't add a lot of bulk and adds a lot of protection

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
My91sho said:
Ultimately I would like no case too, but accidents happen. Not to mention most of us have kids, work, mess around, etc...

I have kids, work mess around etc. Just staying my opinion.

Caesars

Reaction score
Regarding the defender, I actually took the screen protector off and installed another brands SP it worked out perfect.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
+1 for the Matte Black TPU Case by Diztronic[h=1][/h]I had one with my Bionic and just order one for my Razr Maxx. Great quality case!