New Razr Maxx - Looking fora Case

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
Hi all.....this is my first smart phone and I'm looking for a case.

I'd like to have something like the Otterbox Commuter and a belt clip leatherette type case with a magnetic flap.

Sometimes I'd like to carry the phone in my pocket so I thought the Commuter would slide easily in and out of my pocket, but sometimes I'd like to put the commuter in a pouch and carry it on my belt.

Any recommendations?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like the otterbox defender.. but that's me. The commuter is a great case too. As far as a pouch.. idk..

But welcome to the droid forums :) beaver creek Ohio.. my aunts husband is from there... if I recall correctly..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Squeak87

Reaction score
I have a newer case, not sure of the name or brand but it has a built in kickstand and comes with a holster. It isn't as durable as an Otterbox but it does the job. It isn't beefy or heavy but very convenient for me.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure about the case but just wanted to say welcome to DF!!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I will caution you this. If you plan on buying the Rapid Vehicle Charger/Car Dock, your MAXX will not fit into it with the Otterbox Commuter case. I don't know what the difference in the two cases (Commuter and Defender) are, aside from the Defender having a third piece which is a completely separate screen protector. I just ordered a ZAGG case just to see if it'll fit in with everything nicely.

Caesars

Reaction score
I can only speak for the otter box defender and diztronic tpu case.

The defender has a serious belt clip that comes with it, some people claim it's hard to get out of pockets, but that's not a pRoblem for me (unless I'm wearing business slacks).

I just got the tpu, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the thinness, but I'm one of the few who loves the size of the defender. The tpu has been awesome so far :)
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum!!

I love Ottorbox Commuter and a Steinheil screen protector.

coldRAZR

Reaction score
maybe this...

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Holster-Kickstand-MOT912M/dp/B007CJE1VQ

$(KGrHqN,!gsE8pHJOvzgBP,i+-!Iwg~~60_35.JPG

Rento

Reaction score
I personally like Diztronic's phone case, I have both the clear smoke black and then version 2 with the matte black backing and glossy black trim around the edges. It's made of TPU which is harder than silicone but softer than plastic. Has a very nice soft feel on the backing similar to the carbon fiber wrap on the back of the Maxx. Barely adds any thickness and never sticks to cloth like silicone. I'll let the images do the talking. Oh and best part? It was about $10.

duncan0553

Reaction score

Ed270

Reaction score
I personally like Diztronic's phone case, I have both the clear smoke black and then version 2 with the matte black backing and glossy black trim around the edges. It's made of TPU which is harder than silicone but softer than plastic. Has a very nice soft feel on the backing similar to the carbon fiber wrap on the back of the Maxx. Barely adds any thickness and never sticks to cloth like silicone. I'll let the images do the talking. Oh and best part? It was about $10.

If I could just find a cover like that with Monster Energy "M" on it like they have for the Iphone:biggrin:

bocabean

Reaction score

I bought this one in a corporate Verizon store (I do not recall the cost). It is perfect for me. I keep the belt clip in the case and only use it occasionally. The stand is great because you can use it either sideways as shown in the photo or vertically. Because of the fact that it collapses into the case itself, there is no additional "bulk". This plus a screen protector and I feel that I am well "covered". The center picture shows the stand in the collapsed position on the back of the phone.