New Pokemon Added To Pokemon Go Just In Time For The Kids Christmas Break!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It is no surprise that Pokemon has just announced an update adding a few new Pokemon to the game. This would happen to be a peak season for a game like Pokemon. Over the next several weeks people will be taking time off work and kids will be on Christmas break. The peak of the Pokemon Go craze was in the summer while kids were on Summer break. As soon as they all went back to school in the fall gameplay dropped off drastically. To give kids an incentive to head out and play the game during their break we get a few new Pocket Monsters.

One of the Pocket Monsters is just Pikachu with a Santa hat so there's that. The two truly new Pokemon will be familiar to anyone who played Gold and Silver in the past. Togepi and Pichu are included in the update. Apparently in order to obtain these two Pokemon you will need to hatch eggs. No one knows yet which eggs need to be hatched, but I guarantee you as soon as some folks start hatching these two you will know which eggs need to be hatched. Of course you do need the latest version of the app.

via Play Store

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yay, more pokemon to catch... I'd rather do that then things like, trade, or battle with my friends...

oh yeah, that's why I stopped playing... that and getting a niantic ban for "cheating" and never got a response for how I was supposedly cheating.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I stopped playing because it was lame. ;)
And this is not peak time. It's far too cold. I don't see anyone hanging out on the corner like they did most of September.... ;)
I live in a very PGo heavy environment. Of course, half the portals... er gyms n stops... around me were created by.... me. While I was playing an adult game. ;)
Ingress

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I still play from time to time, fun to boot up every once in awhile. But yeah the novelty of it did wear off quite fast. I tend to just open it up when I'm walking my dog or going out on a hike to hatch eggs. Guess there's a bit more of an incentive to now that there are going to be two new Pokemon that can only be hatched

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I stopped playing because it was lame. ;)
And this is not peak time. It's far too cold. I don't see anyone hanging out on the corner like they did most of September.... ;)
I live in a very PGo heavy environment. Of course, half the portals... er gyms n stops... around me were created by.... me. While I was playing an adult game. ;)
Ingress
yeah When PoGo first released I got some friends together and they were like... "where do we go to find gyms?"

Follow me, I've been playing ingress for 3 years :p