New Pixel Devices Codenamed Muskie and Walleye

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-leaked-front.jpg

According to an Android Police report Google will stick with the marine life codenames when it comes to the Pixel and Pixel XL. They are reporting the new codenames for the devices with be Muskie and Walleye. We don't know which will be the larger or smaller phone, but we have already see the appearance of the Walleye device in AOSP. This means that Google is already in testing with this device. The AOSP mentions the device is already booting. So far this is all the information we have on these devices other than the fact they will keep the high end price tags from last year.

via AndroidPolice

kinfolk248

Reaction score
"Ok team, how can we expand the pixel brand?"

"Give it a ridiculously high price tag in ratio to the phone specs and competition. Oh and let's pigeon hole it to 1 service provider!"

"Good job Anderson, I see that corner office in your future..."

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
"Ok team, how can we expand the pixel brand?"

"Give it a ridiculously high price tag in ratio to the phone specs and competition. Oh and let's pigeon hole it to 1 service provider!"

"Good job Anderson, I see that corner office in your future..."
EH? They work on all providers. GSM and CDMA

I wonder who's making them this year.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't seen any in the T-mobile, AT&T, nor Sprint store where they should be to maximize customer exposure and help brand awareness.
You're talking two different things. The phone is supported on all carriers. Selling them is another story. TMO and sprint don't want to pay for the devices so they have BYOD plans.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
You're talking two different things. The phone is supported on all carriers. Selling them is another story. TMO and sprint don't want to pay for the devices so they have BYOD plans.
I know. It was a joke about a premium flagship that's supposed to be the pinnacle of Android phones but with extremely availability.

Just a joke guys, just a joke

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The current Verizon pixel is having issues trying to keep up with demand.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Still rocking my Nexus 6, however, I would consider the "premium" Pixel XL if the screen was actually XL (at least 5.8") and it had dual front facing speakers.

Notice the quotation marks, and what they imply.........or don't. ;):D

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+