new phone or extended life battery?

yeashoo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
I am a fitness user and started to notice serious battery drain on my Note 3 since weeks ago. Should I upgrade to new phone or pick up extended life battery? I am interested in mpj 6400mah battery and don’t care the appearance but am not sure if it can solve my problem.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forum, yeashoo! An extended life battery will definitely give you more hours of usage but you may be able to get less battery drain with your current battery. Are there any apps you recently added that could be causing battery drain? Running bluetooth devices that you weren't before? Streaming music or videos that you weren't before? In a poor data or phone reception area? An app that is running in the background that shouldn't be? These are all things that could use battery faster than normal.

When you look at your battery usage chart, what does it show as using the most battery? It would help give us an idea if it is typical or not.

A factory data rest would also help but make sure you back up all photos and info you want to keep before you do that because it will erase everything. You could also try clearing the data cache.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If it's still the original battery on the Note 3 than the battery itself could just be getting tired. Perhaps even a new stock battery.

Note 4tified