New Phone - Bricked within hours

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Try finding the sbf for your phone from either mydroidworld or xda-developers. You might be able to reflash the stock sbf and recover your phone. Im only familiar with the moto products, so give me a few minutes to see what I can find for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Um, I am finding nothing, no roms, no recovery, not much of anything... dude without something like motorolas rsdlite. I don't know how to help you out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
Yea, I think I may be screwd. I'm thinking all I can do now is maybe leave the battery out for a week or two and hope it resets to factory default. This being the mindset of thinking it's like a computer and the cmos will be flushed.

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know if this is possible and if so how long it would take?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ima do some research brb.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok try turning your phone off and doing this

the button combo is press and hold volume down + home + power and dont release any buttons until you're at recovery. Also this needs to be done when the phone is off, not on.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
your battery idea will not work just saving you the headache. If you can not reboot into recovery see if vzw customer service, via phone, will let you use you extended warranty coverage to get a new vortex.

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
Not happening, some jackass tech guy at the verizon store immediately knew I rooted the phone and told me that I voided my warranty.

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
I don't know. He messed with it, tried to do the hard reset and asked me if I rooted it and I told him no. After that he said, "Don't lie to me, the only way this could have happened is if you rooted the phone."

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's on file that I voided my warranty. So, I doubt that'll work.

shmoo

Reaction score
Honestly I think your best bet would be to go over to xda with your problem. The guys over there are amazing and have a lot of experience with all sorts of phones

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
manufacturer maybe but it should not effect your insurance....it would be no different if your car ran over it or you dropped it in water. A non working phone is a non working phone. I would talk to a vzw tech rep via phone not store. Your insurance that you pay an extra 7 bucks a month should cover you. You will just have to pay the deductible...be honest call vzw ant tell them you damaged your phone and would like to use the insurance and pay the deductible..do this over the phone. Do not go in the store for anything except to buy accessories.

Last edited: