Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Today at the Google unveiling of Android 4.4 KitKat on the Google lawn. The most interesting part of this of the unveiling was not the statue itself, but what was in the hands of some of the Googlers.
As seen in the picture above, some of them were holding a phone we have not seen before. It's big, flat, and it said "Nexus" on the back in landscape orientation and it look like a smaller New Nexus 7 — the materials and camera lens look nearly identical to the latest tablet. Could this be the New Nexus 5 or Nexus 4S*(Updated Nexus4)? I guess we have to wait and see what comes out in the future!!!

Link

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Damn, here we go...I'll wait until they reveal this only to find out it's not coming to Verizon. >=-/

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
After all I went through with getting updates on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. I do not think I want another one on on Verizon... I think I will stick with the GNote3 this time around or a S4 if I am not happy after the announcement tomorrow.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'm looking at either the G2 or the Sony, but probably the G2. But one can dream anyway!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
It is a designed marketing/press 'leak' to steal thunder from upcoming apple and samsung events... It shows the Nexus linage, the upcoming Nexus in the forefront, the outgoing Nexus standing by its side, and the Gnex fading into the background...
Think about it, ya know Im right lol

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It is a designed marketing/press 'leak' to steal thunder from upcoming apple and samsung events... It shows the Nexus linage, the upcoming Nexus in the forefront, the outgoing Nexus standing by its side, and the Gnex fading into the background...
Think about it, ya know Im right lol

Didn't even notice the Galaxy Nexus in the background. Good eye, sir.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Damn, here we go...I'll wait until they reveal this only to find out it's not coming to Verizon. >=-/

I think the odds of the next Nexus (or ANY future Nexus) appearing on Verizon are between slim and non-existent. Very bad blood between Google and Verizon over the mess that VZ made of the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and the non-existant advertising they did for the phone. It looks like Google will concentrate on GSM only phones for the Nexus line.

skennelly

Reaction score
I think the odds of the next Nexus (or ANY future Nexus) appearing on Verizon are between slim and non-existent. Very bad blood between Google and Verizon over the mess that VZ made of the launch of the Galaxy Nexus and the non-existant advertising they did for the phone. It looks like Google will concentrate on GSM only phones for the Nexus line.

I hope that the version released on the play store will be able to work on Verizon regardless of Verizon's stance on it.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder if any of those fancy sunglasses are new Glass prototypes. I find it a bit suspect that Ms. Blue has both glasses and sunglasses! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4