DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
Hi all! I am officially 3 weeks out from getting my first droid phone but have been lurking for a while to get info on the droid x. Currently on an HTC Ozone but fell in love with Droid X when I saw it. Finally decided I should join the forum officially!

Hypothetical question to get started then: IF Droid X 2 is available by May 7 (when I can do my last NE2) would you recommend going with the X2 or pick up the original X at presumably a lower price?
I know I would get slightly higher memory and would lose the camera button if rumored specs are true.

I've read many droid x owners who say X2 is not worthy upgrade from X but which would be the recommended phone (if both available) for first time buyer?

Reaction score
Sorry, I can't answer your question, I am new to Androids as well. But Welcome to the community!

Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I'd wait until May 7th and then check the major sites (engadget, android central, etc.) and read a review on the X2. Usually if a phone is a sucessor to another phone they'll give you reasons (or reasons not) to upgrade your device. Then you can weigh out whether it's worth it to buy the new top-of-the-line Droid X2 or just get the still awesome X1 at a discounted price.

Welcome to the forums too!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. In theory the second generation of anything is usually better or they fixed an issue with the first one. In any event the X is a great phone and I am sure the X2 will be equally as great. I would consider all things. If money is an issue then yes get the original X. If money is not an issue then look into what Moto changed on the X2 and see if that meets your needs. Either way I am sure you will be happy with your new Droid!!

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I'd wait until May 7th and then check the major sites (engadget, android central, etc.) and read a review on the X2. Usually if a phone is a sucessor to another phone they'll give you reasons (or reasons not) to upgrade your device. Then you can weigh out whether it's worth it to buy the new top-of-the-line Droid X2 or just get the still awesome X1 at a discounted price.

Welcome to the forums too!

Thanks for the advice and for the welcome! So looking forward to getting my droid. May 7 can't come fast enough!!

Reaction score
Well I got my droid still playing with it deciding if im gonna root it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums