New member...Who Am I?

KyKy

Reaction score
So, I just got my first smart phone: my Droid X. Already I really, really like it. I'm only on day 2, and some things are easy and others aren't so. I did a lot of looking around, asking around and researching before buying this baby. I "graduated" from an old LG scoop, that I got when Alltel was in my market. Verizon took me over about 2 years ago. I was sprung from contract back in July, but reupped to get this deal. The price was good, the monthly special rate was sweet ! I'm 63, and live in rural West Virginia, but I have 3G service here.

The main thing I can't figure out at his moment is how to use a photo I took .... just as it is... as my wallpaper. When I try to, a cropping box appears, and then it takes only what's in that box, MAGNIFIED. I love the picture quality of my Droid, and I love its BIG screen !!

I'd really like to be able to ask questions from you guys who are Droid vets. To give them credit, Verizon tech support has been really helpful, too !

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I know a lot of first time android users get confused by the wallpaper. The issue is that because the wallpaper scrolls with the homescreens, it has to be cropped as such. So unless you take pictures with that in mind they wont really translate well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F and Congrats on the DX - any questions you have...feel free to ask :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! The X is a great device!! Make yourself at home and know we're here to answer any questions you have! :)

DroidForums junkie!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome:

I'd ordinarily insert a brief set of rules and a small joke (and warning) about feeding the mods and admins, but that might give you the wrong idea 'bout us here. ;)

Have fun! We're glad to have you! :)

lconyers

Reaction score
This was a pet peeve of mine in the beginning as well, as I had a lot of pictures of my own that I put on my Storm specifically for wallpapers. Some of them have translated well, depending on photo quality . I also had a ton of wallpapers from stormgrounds.com that are blurry and pixelated after cropping.