New member.....Verizon Family Share plan question. Wanting to cancel secondary #

Moreno

Reaction score
If your contracts were started OCT 09, your contract should end OCT 10. DO NOT UPGRADE. But if you call *611 on your phone, their is a program that VZW offers called Assumption of Liability. What this is, and actually does will split your current account in two or if you wanted to switch the account/billing in your name. Since it is going to be a switch from Verizon to Verizon, their WILL NOT be a early termination fee. But I believe in order to do this, you will have to make sure you've stayed current in your billing and not have any bad dings on your accounts to be safe.

**Didn't read the last few post, this is really just a bump I guess**

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
If your contracts were started OCT 09, your contract should end OCT 10. DO NOT UPGRADE. But if you call *611 on your phone, their is a program that VZW offers called Assumption of Liability. What this is, and actually does will split your current account in two or if you wanted to switch the account/billing in your name. Since it is going to be a switch from Verizon to Verizon, their WILL NOT be a early termination fee. But I believe in order to do this, you will have to make sure you've stayed current in your billing and not have any bad dings on your accounts to be safe.

**Didn't read the last few post, this is really just a bump I guess**

Thanks.....

But again, to get a Droid X, I am probably going to have to pay retail....correct?

My trackball on my BB has been acting up lately :)

MrMorgan

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question (that is why I am you all and not verizon) but if I do the AOL, what will my plan be? Mom and I share 1400 minutes.....surely that will not be my new plan.

Also, could I sign a new 2 year contract and in turn get the Droid X for $199?

Thanks

MrMorgan

Moreno

Reaction score
Yes you can just start a new contract but you will not be able to keep your same number. Because the line on the other account will still be active with that number. As for the plan, if you switch it will only be Single-Line Plans of 450, 900, and Unlimited Minutes. Also if you do the Assumption of Liability, your mom will be forced to downgrade her plan to a Single Line as well.