New member needs help!!

bmjfarms

Reaction score
Hello all. glad to know there's a forum out there for the Droid dummies such as I! I'm from Alabama and I'm very excited out getting to play with my new toy. I am a Droid owner as of 3 days ago. Geez there's so many options I don't even know where to start with the things I don't know. But as of right now I'm clueless on how to find my contacts in Gmail. Let me go through the process with you....I click on Gmail on my home page. When I open it is shows me if I have any new messages but doesn't give me any options. In the top left corner it says Inbox and the top right it shows my email address. When I click the button on the bottom of the phone with the 4 lines (see told you I didn't know much LOL) it gives me the options of Refresh, Compose, Accts, View labels, Search, and Settings. When I click on Compose you would think if you long clicked the To: box it would bring up contacts but that dont' work...so where do you find them? Thanks for any suggestions. also sorry ahead of time if there is a forum that answers this question...I couldn't find it if there is.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just start typing a name, it will autofill...

OP
B

bmjfarms

Reaction score
Well that works except it only fill in addresses that belong to my Facebook friends. If my contacts don't have a FB acct it doesn't show up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are your contacts synced with gmail?

Settings>>Accounts & Sync ?

OP
B

bmjfarms

Reaction score
Yes and I'm beginning to notice that it has some of my non FB friend contacts but not all of them???? How do I go in and manually enter a contact address?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can go into Contacts>>Menu>New Contacts on the droid

or

On your PC goto Gmail and enter them there.

OP
B

bmjfarms

Reaction score
The only problem is I dont' know how to go into Contacts>Menu> New Contacts. Where is that?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You should have an icon that says contacts under it, Looks like a Rolodex card.
Might not be on your main screen, swipe left or right....

Then menu button is the second softkey from the left on your phone. Looks like 4 horizontal lines.

OP
B

bmjfarms

Reaction score
Oh sorry...I thought you were talking about a contact button within gmail. I know what you're talking about now. So are you saying that whatever I put in my contacts will also be in my gmail contacts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yup, All your contacts will be saved "In the Cloud"

The cloud being google...

OP
B

bmjfarms

Reaction score
Next problem...I have 1 particular email contact (possibly more than 1 but I haven't went through them all yet) that is in my contact list and when I click on their details it shows their email address but it does not show up in gmail when I start typing their name. Any suggestions?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Contacts>>Menu>>Accounts

check your settings

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score