New member here eying my first Droid

mac0822

Reaction score
Hey there,

Just registered today after weeks of research on this site. I've had the Casio "bulletproof" phones the past 3-4 years, but the time has come for a Smartphone. I can upgrade any time, so I'm just researching to make sure I buy the right phone and....well....know how to use it when I buy it.

Verizon is king in my area, so it'll be a Droid. I text a LOT, so I would prefer a keyboard, but when I check out the original Droid - I cannot believe how unfriendly that keyboard is for texting. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I don't see how.

My main reason for registering is to find out information on the Droid 2. This is the phone I am targeting because of the improved (they say) keyboard. I also will need a TON of help when I get my Droid 2 because I am fairly overwhelmed at the thought of some of the chatter on here (rooting, etc).

Thanks for all the information boys (and girls).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just registered today after weeks of research on this site. I've had the Casio "bulletproof" phones the past 3-4 years, but the time has come for a Smartphone. I can upgrade any time, so I'm just researching to make sure I buy the right phone and....well....know how to use it when I buy it.

Verizon is king in my area, so it'll be a Droid. I text a LOT, so I would prefer a keyboard, but when I check out the original Droid - I cannot believe how unfriendly that keyboard is for texting. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I don't see how.

My main reason for registering is to find out information on the Droid 2. This is the phone I am targeting because of the improved (they say) keyboard. I also will need a TON of help when I get my Droid 2 because I am fairly overwhelmed at the thought of some of the chatter on here (rooting, etc).

Thanks for all the information boys (and girls).

:welcome: to the Forum. There is not a whole lot of information on the Droid 2 right now. We have some specs and pictures, but that's it. Check out our news section for the information that we do have on it. We know more about the Droid X. We don't have a release date on Droid 2, could be this Summer or maybe later. It's kind of hard to imagine that the Droid 2 will be out this summer with a launch date of 7/15 for the Droid X IMHO.