new member.......HELP ME PLS!!!!!

smashlee3301

Reaction score
Like most ppl I found this forum while trying 2 find answers........I have never posted on a forum so I'm tryin 2 figure that 1 out also lol......I have the devour and I'm having loads of problems w it now....I have only had it 2 months.......2 make a long story short....problem consist of.......sd card locked,not saving my pics,can't find wallpapers I download,I can manage my apps but I can't find a menu that let's me find info on apps w/o the uninstall button.....what is "unmount/eject ums device?......what is tty mode,options there are off,full,hco,vco? What's that !!!!?????? Pls pls pls help me!!!!!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
first off, welcome to the forum! i'm sure you'll be able to find answers to all your questions - plenty of people on here willing to help. stick around!! :)

i don't have a Devour, so i may not be much help. Have you searched in the Devour section of this Forum: Motorola Devour - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

i'm not sure, but you may need to reformat your sdcard. if you do, make sure to copy all its current contents onto your pc, so that you can transfer them back to your sdcard after reformatting.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having problems with your phone. I am not familiar with the Devour but on my Droid my photos that I take with my camera are stored in a folder named DCIM. If you can connect you phone to you computer you should be able to locate the folder. Another option, download Astro, a free file manager app, from the Market. Astro will allow you to view and search your SD card.

On my Droid I do a long press (press and hold) and a window opens with wallpaper as a selection. Have you tired that?

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Go on the market and grab a free app called Astro. Its like file explorer for windows. Then you can see all the files on the card and manipulate them how you want.
As far as mount/ dismount that is getting the card/ phone ready for install or remove the card, like "safe hardware remove" on windows. When you install a new card you mount it, remove it you dismount first to avoid corruption of data
Tty is for hearing aids. You can leave that off unless you use a hearing aid. The different types are for different hearing aids
Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith