New Member, Droid selection help!

Rheastoria

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out: I've been trying to figure out which Droid device is right for me - I'm coming from an LG Vu from AT&T and I'm switching back to Verizon (finally!). I will be purchasing my new phone this Wednesday from Amazon Wireless, and I have spent the last month and a half researching phones. So right now I'm between a Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Droid Incredible, and Droid Pro. As far as what I'm looking for in a phone, I want something that's more for entertainment than business; I need a phone that's good for texting, web browsing, games, and taking pictures. I'm not a super-heavy phone user, perhaps because my phone is outdated and has an obsolete browser and basic graphics. Basically, these are the reasons for why I'm interested in these phones and my concerns for each:

Incredible: Initially my first pick. Pros - Have heard amazing things, made by HTC, I actually like the race car inspired design. Cons - Smaller screen, is getting shelved by Verizon. Big Question: Is this phone already obsolete?

Fascinate: In the top running right now. Pros - Large screen, right size for my small hands, sleek design, bright and fast display. Cons - Have heard about problems with crashing, the big "Bing" issue, slow on updates. Big Question: How important are the updates (given my particular phone usage)?

Pro: This sounds silly, but I just think this phone is adorable. I know it's a business phone, and although I will likely need a business phone in the future, right now I am about to graduate college and transition to law school. I don't need Global capabilities or the QWERTY, as I am used to touch screen. I really just like how it looks, honestly.

Droid X: Probably tied with the Incredible for me. Likely the phone I'll choose if all others are proven wrong for me. Pros - Biggest screen, have heard almost nothing but good reviews. Cons - It is a large phone and might not be comfortable to hold (it seemed okay in my hand in the store, but the Fascinate did feel more "right").

Overall, I would appreciate and welcome any comments and advice! I am glad to be a part of such an interesting and insightful community!

Thanks,
R

droidlady05

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I would get a phone you didn't mention above. You mentioned you like HTC, so I'd recommend the Thunderbolt. Also, with the kickstand and 4G it should be great for entertainment, which you said you'd like to use the phone for.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

droidxethan

Reaction score
well if ur wanting the 4g then u should get the thunderbolt but if that doesnt matter to u at the moment then i would go with the droidx but thats what i have so of course im gonna tell u that haha :)

OP
Rheastoria

Rheastoria

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I would get a phone you didn't mention above. You mentioned you like HTC, so I'd recommend the Thunderbolt. Also, with the kickstand and 4G it should be great for entertainment, which you said you'd like to use the phone for.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thank you for welcoming me! I would LOVE to get a Thunderbolt (it's kind of my dream phone, haha), but it's not within my budget, unfortunately. I know HTC is hailed as the best manufacturer for Droids, which is why I have so much respect for the Incredible.

droidxethan

Reaction score
i would recommend the droid x over the incredible also htc does make sexy looking phones buut moto has better battery life and also u will want a bigger phone it make seem big but its workth it in the end and my droid x fits very good in my hand

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! I would so no on the Pro, yes on the DX. like others here the 4G TB seems appealing if u have 4G in ur area. either way...GO DROID haha

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
Rheastoria

Rheastoria

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm still a little indecisive, but I've managed to cut two of the phones - now it's just the Droid X vs the Fascinate. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks,
R

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. I have to agree that the Thunderbolt should be the first choice but if money is a concern my next choice would be the X. I currently have the TB and I came from an X. I can tell you that the X is a by far superior phone to the Inc. Hubby now has the X and my daughter has the Inc. I believe the Inc. is past its end of life (maybe wrong but that is what I heard) so I would go with the X. You will not be disappointed with the X.