New Member/Droid Owner

series70

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just writing to introduce myself to the forum. I am the new owner of a Motorola Droid with 2.1 running on it. I've already taken advantage of this forum before becoming a member, but I figured I'd sign up because I might be able to add my two cents periodically, and I feel bad using so much info and not contributing anything.

As far as plans for the phone go, I'm not sure yet but I absolutely love it. I had the opportunity to get the Incredible, but just didn't like it all that much (from the looks of it, i'm in the minority) so I went with the Droid. This is also the first smart phone I've ever had, and my blackberry owning sibling is already jealous. I do like being able to do pretty much what I want with it, but I have no plans to root it because I'm not a fan of voiding warranties, and frankly I suck at that sort of thing and would probably brick it anyway. I'm a fan of Linux OS on computers, so I guess that explains why I like this phone so much. Anyway, you'll see me around, though I'll primarily lurk...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome welcome. You'll be happy with your choice.

As far as rooting/hacking, it's all a personal choice, but if you managed to brick it, you'd be the first I've ever seen. It's a pretty robust piece of technology. Either way, have fun with it, and dont let fear or n00bness scare you; we were all there once.

OP
S

series70

Reaction score
Well ok. Maybe there is a root in its future, but it would only be to bump the processor up a few notches...that would be it I swear...

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you are happy with the phone stock then you shouldn't feel the need to root it. After a couple of months once you feel comfortable with it you might decide it's time to take it to the next level. It's always nice to have options and that's the best thing about this phone. Stock or rooted, it's an amazing device.