New Marketing Trend Emerging Among Teens; Surface & Galaxy 'Cool' & 'Apple is Done'

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
As someone who goes to a large university (30,000 students) in America, I can say that about 80% of the students and even teachers use iphones.

- Assuming your username includes your birth year you are probably finishing your third year of college.

- So you are saying that you've seen 24,000 individuals in 2 and a half years and made a note of the brand of phone they use?

Despite phone cases and hands that obscured your view from the front of the phone.

- So you've seen 24,000 individuals from behind with their phones out in 2 and a half years. Probably using a similar schedule all those semesters.

- Not to mention that the article says that iPhones are considered uncool because so many people use them.

- So either way your point must be that you have an eagle's eye and a mind for mental statistical analysis that rivals that of an IBM supercomputer.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
- Assuming your username includes your birth year you are probably finishing your third year of college.

- So you are saying that you've seen 24,000 individuals in 2 and a half years and made a note of the brand of phone they use?

Despite phone cases and hands that obscured your view from the front of the phone.

- So you've seen 24,000 individuals from behind with their phones out in 2 and a half years. Probably using a similar schedule all those semesters.

- Not to mention that the article says that iPhones are considered uncool because so many people use them.

- So either way your point must be that you have an eagle's eye and a mind for mental statistical analysis that rivals that of an IBM supercomputer.

LMFAO!!! Yea!!:D

52brandon

Reaction score
I agree, but I don't see it happening with Android. These guys will all want to lock you into their proprietary system so they can justify a small monthly fee. There is a fair amount of home automation stuff out there, but who wants to mess with a bunch of different systems?
we'll see. LG and Samsung are both huge in the home appliance/entertainment world. I could definitely see them going Android and Win8 friendly. Other MFRs wont want to be left out of the market and will fall in line quickly I imagine

jseah

Reaction score
As someone who goes to a large university (30,000 students) in America, I can say that about 80% of the students and even teachers use iphones.

And that would also be one of the major reasons why teens would say that the iPhone is no longer "cool". There is no "coolness" in carrying a phone that every one else has, especially your teacher or your parent. And I'm sure all those Samsung "Apple store line" ads are taking a toll.

mykl376

Reaction score
To me it seems like it would get boring always having an iphone. I mean, I know that's part of the appeal, the standardization and ease of use, but they're all exactly the same. "Oh, you got the white one, I got the black one." That's it. Screen too small for you? Tough.

It's more fragmented, but there are just so many choices with android, or any other OS for that matter. I know a bigger screen and removable/replaceable/UPGRADABLE battery are my biggest reasons for not even considering iphone. And I'm just running stock ICS, haven't felt the need to root yet.

52brandon

Reaction score
To me it seems like it would get boring always having an iphone. I mean, I know that's part of the appeal, the standardization and ease of use, but they're all exactly the same. "Oh, you got the white one, I got the black one." That's it. Screen too small for you? Tough.

It's more fragmented, but there are just so many choices with android, or any other OS for that matter. I know a bigger screen and removable/replaceable/UPGRADABLE battery are my biggest reasons for not even considering iphone. And I'm just running stock ICS, haven't felt the need to root yet.
which is something Android devices are moving away from sadly. Along with upgradeable memory... it's something that I find confusing. I would think it wouldn't take much more work to include those features. And now with Samsung developing even larger SDHC chips, I would have thought it would be a MORE popular feature, not less. But maybe they expect everybody to have a tablet now instead... ???