Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
DROID3 Tutorial Videos Leaked, New Version of Blur on the Way

Today was leaked 3 video tutorials, They are Leaked Videos of the DROID3 by Motorola.which is heading to Verizon some time this summer. With these Videos being leaked this weekend sure makes things seem like we are getting extremely close to the release date.
There are a couple of things that stand out. The fact that the D3 will run a newer version of Blur than the one seen on the DX2. They have some similarities with the blue, but there is rumor of 3D animations similar to those seen on HTC. The photo above shows a different lockscreen then seen on the DX and other Motorola Devices.

Features are:

• 8MP camera that can shoot 1080p video which has been greatly improved over the DX & The DX2.
  • Webtop- Ready just like the Atrix.

• 5-row keyboard,
  • HDMI-out, and silver-black exterior.
  • Might have an OMAP Chip waiting for Confirmation.

An overview of the phone:

[video=youtube;qtXZXhTpywY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtXZXhTpywY"]YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 1/3‬‏[/video]
[video=youtube;oLOprtLX9tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOprtLX9tc"]YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 2/3‬‏[/video]
[video=youtube;olOxHEU-2CU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olOxHEU-2CU"]YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 3/3‬‏[/video]

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Looks pretty nice all depending on how that keyboard feels if I am to be tempted away from my Pro.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Yup read it on Droid Life this morning but I am eager to see what else this will entail. It just might be my new device also

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is very cool...December is the 2-year mark on my first OG contract, and though I'd hate to get another, the D3 is looking nice. Maybe it'll be reasonably priced by then? All these Android phones, and it turns out a decent sliding keyboard is what I really want.

-Matt

Jasko

Reaction score
Looks great to me, minus the Blur. Of course that wouldn't matter if this device was able to be unlocked. From all that I've read, this should be locked just like the other Moto phones. Quite lame. If this is locked, I might have to get a T-bolt :/

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looks great to me, minus the Blur. Of course that wouldn't matter if this device was able to be unlocked. From all that I've read, this should be locked just like the other Moto phones. Quite lame. If this is locked, I might have to get a T-bolt :/
Wait...I haven't been keeping up with the D2 and others: are you saying they're rooted, but the bootloaders are still locked? FRACK!

-Matt

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wait...I haven't been keeping up with the D2 and others: are you saying they're rooted, but the bootloaders are still locked? FRACK!

-Matt

Not just locked, but encrypted. Locked bootloaders can be cracked with some effort. It's the encrypted ones that seemingly can't. The Droid 3 probably won't be any different.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Aw man, that sucks. I figured--I got GB on my OG--all the other Droids are chugging along. Maybe my money is headed toward HTC...

-Matt

pistacio

Reaction score
I think I'm going to be torn when it's time for my upgrade. This looks tempting.

My D1 has been great and with all this lockdown business going on with these phones just might make the decision to keep my OG a little easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think I'm going to be torn when it's time for my upgrade. This looks tempting.

My D1 has been great and with all this lockdown business going on with these phones just might make the decision to keep my OG a little easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Hey, someone in the same boat as me! Knock on wood, my D1 is well-behaved. Now that I have a 10" tablet, really the OG is there for phone calls (wow, imagine that), quick browsing and searching, navigation, and music. For video and reading news/books the tablet is better and for work I have the notebook.

My only minor wish might be to move up to the D3's 4" screen...even 4.3" I could handle. Other than that the OG is the perfect platform for me...even with one slow core.

-Matt

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
DROID3 Tutorial Videos Leaked, New Version of Blur on the Way

Today was leaked 3 video tutorials, They are Leaked Videos of the DROID3 by Motorola.which is heading to Verizon some time this summer. With these Videos being leaked this weekend sure makes things seem like we are getting extremely close to the release date.
There are a couple of things that stand out. The fact that the D3 will run a newer version of Blur than the one seen on the DX2. They have some similarities with the blue, but there is rumor of 3D animations similar to those seen on HTC. The photo above shows a different lockscreen then seen on the DX and other Motorola Devices.

Features are:

• 8MP camera that can shoot 1080p video which has been greatly improved over the DX & The DX2.
  • Webtop- Ready just like the Atrix.

• 5-row keyboard,
  • HDMI-out, and silver-black exterior.
  • Might have an OMAP Chip waiting for Confirmation.

An overview of the phone:

YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 1/3‬‏
YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 2/3‬‏
YouTube - ‪PhonePads exklusiv: Motorola Droid³/Milestone 3 3/3‬‏

Source: Droid-Life

I have a Bberry Tour,so I'm tired of keyboards!!

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
Would I be in the wrong to want this as my first Droid phone? And just saying, I would be fine with 3G, mainly because I've been without a data plan until now.